IGNORED

Jaguar original controller repair to dpad conductive rubber pad

Rockyj

Hi all, long time fan of atari and especially anything 90's gaming generally. ?

Apologies if this is elsewhere, but I didn't have luck searching the forum. ?

Recently dug out my old jaguar from the loft, but the dpad isnt as responsive/ doesn't have the same feel to it. Up and down click fine and feel good. Right is not as positive a feel, and left doesn't 'click' but pushes and seems to work mostly. 

Taking the controller apart the rubber conductive pad is clearly past its best, and the pad clearly works OK. 

What I need is the rubber conductive dpad bit, is there anywhere to buy replacements (snes and megadrive seem abundant on ebay) but no jaguar... Or is there one I should be able to use successfully? 

Any help would be much appreciated, tempest without a left button is no fun! 

Thanks

Jamie

5 hours ago, Rockyj said:

Hi all, long time fan of atari and especially anything 90's gaming generally. ?

Apologies if this is elsewhere, but I didn't have luck searching the forum. ?

Recently dug out my old jaguar from the loft, but the dpad isnt as responsive/ doesn't have the same feel to it. Up and down click fine and feel good. Right is not as positive a feel, and left doesn't 'click' but pushes and seems to work mostly. 

Taking the controller apart the rubber conductive pad is clearly past its best, and the pad clearly works OK. 

What I need is the rubber conductive dpad bit, is there anywhere to buy replacements (snes and megadrive seem abundant on ebay) but no jaguar... Or is there one I should be able to use successfully? 

Any help would be much appreciated, tempest without a left button is no fun! 

Thanks

Jamie

Send me a PM. I have a few extra d-pad rubber pads (brand new) and can send you one.

-Tom

Also, read this thread. You might as well clean the controller board contacts while it is open.

Edited by Machine
  • Thanks 1