IGNORED

FS: 27” Panasonic Tau tube TV

AtariRx

I have a 27” Panasonic Tau TV in great condition. Perfect for running all classic game systems. Includes a digital converter box for watching over the air TV programs and a TV cart to put it on (if you want it.) All remotes included too. ***MUST be picked up in Cromwell, CT.***

$FREE!!! for everything.

16692A11-D3EE-4D54-9168-846FC9ACA3E3.thumb.jpeg.f8e7d73fb4bafae500de1278260605e9.jpeg

• Like 7

Man, I had one of those things. I loved that TV. It's one heavy beast but excellent option for a CRT when the flat screens were coming of age. I wish I still had it. I gave it to a family friend who had fallen on hard times and we were looking to upgrade to a thinner flat screen. Good luck with the sale. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/16/2020 at 9:02 AM, AtariRx said:

I still have the TV and at this point will offer it for free to anyone who will come get it.

shame these things weigh a ton, I had one of the 1080i crts with hdmi input, I had people with 1000 dollar budgets that had to pass because the shipping killed it, finally a guy 150 miles away paid 75 dollars for it and traveled with a friend (he paid) to pick it up.  I would be all over that if it wasn't a 4 hour drive to pick it up

27" TVs are light ?

I got for free from my neighbor his old Sony KV-36FS200.  Yup.... 36".  I can barely lift this thing with another person.

It was left out in the rain.  He agreed to take it back and dispose of it if it didn't work.  I brought it inside, let it dry out for 3 weeks, took the back off, inspected it, and plugged it in.... still works !

cab got scuffed up in a few places.... 

Hope someone takes this guys 27".  Looks like a good one.  Not too large to handle, but still a good size tube.  Nice that it is a true flat screen too.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:56 PM, cwilbar said:

27" TVs are light ?

I got for free from my neighbor his old Sony KV-36FS200.  Yup.... 36".  I can barely lift this thing with another person.

It was left out in the rain.  He agreed to take it back and dispose of it if it didn't work.  I brought it inside, let it dry out for 3 weeks, took the back off, inspected it, and plugged it in.... still works !

cab got scuffed up in a few places.... 

Hope someone takes this guys 27".  Looks like a good one.  Not too large to handle, but still a good size tube.  Nice that it is a true flat screen too.

I have a KD-34XS955 in my living room. Those last-gasp-of-the-CRTs are amazing.. HD, every input you can think of. My brother-in-law paid $3500 for this beast new in 2006, literally couldn't give it away five years later (except to me).

This 36" Sony is 480i.  Pretty sure it doesn't even do 480p.  It's your std 4:3 screen.... just in a 36" size ?

Wouldn't surprise me if the 27" free TV here may do 480p which my 36" won't do ?

bump for the OP who presumably still has that nice 27" set available.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

You have any thrifts or Goodwills which would take it?

Goodwills in my area at least REFUSE to take CRT displays of any type. No TV's or monitors. They will not take any computers either. So sadly all we get are crappy flat panels and a lot of orphaned keyboards and mice :(

Thankfully Facebook marketplace is loaded with free CRT's in my area still and I was able to obtain two of them. I would highly recommend putting it up there and giving locals the opportunity to take it away as opposed to recycling. Too many of these are being recycled and it is just a shame. There are people out there that will take it....do that instead. If I weren't so far away (NJ) I would have come buy and bear-hugged this thing right to my Pilot ;)

Edited by eightbit