IGNORED

Turbo Basic XL returning to DOS on Reset.

I'm beginning to use Turbo Basic XL. I downloaded an atr from atari wiki with it on a SpartaDos disk. I've copied those files to my Sparta Dos 3.2g hard disk atr. I can boot and use Turbo Basic XL fine. But if I press the reset key while in it, it returns to Sparta Dos. And all work and the program are wiped from memory. Any Turbo Basic XL users no of a fix for this?

Thanks.

On 3/15/2020 at 2:42 AM, gs80065xe said:

I learned on the Antic Podcast on Turbo Basic XL, there is a patched SpartaDos version 3.2 which will resolve the issue. It is 3.2q. I'll give that a try.

Did it work? Turbo Basic XL uses the RAM under the ROM, and IIRC SpartDOS 3 does, too. I suspect the problem is they conflict with eachother.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ivop said:

Turbo Basic XL uses the RAM under the ROM, and IIRC SpartDOS 3 does, too. I suspect the problem is they conflict with eachother.

Certainly the case. What's required is either a version of TBXL which does not sue shadow RAM, or an implementation of SD 3.x which doesn't (i.e. BW-DOS).

Edited by flashjazzcat

2 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

MAC/65 V4.2 using

So, if it's this version 4.2:

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/attach/Mac65/Mac_65_4.20_with_Bug-65_and_DOS_XL_2.30.atr

...it's a disk loaded version of the cartridge which appears to have no reset protection whatsoever. If this is the case, then the observed behaviour is exactly as expected.