IGNORED

Todd Rogers does it again!

RCorcoran

Stay tuned folks... just shy of 86 hours later, a new World Record has emerged. Here are some key facts:

-> The longest a human being in TG recorded history has played a challenging video game on the same credit (85.75 hours)

-> The highest ever recorded score on an Atari 2600 title, ever

-> Proof that an Atari 2600 title ACTUALLY has the provision to track scores past the 100M mark, though not via 9 digits, but instead by the 10's and 1's digits

Give up?

Todd has SMASHED 100M on Journey Escape for the VCS. Details and a full write-up to follow once the tapes arrive and I review them.

Stay tuned folks... just shy of 86 hours later, a new World Record has emerged. Here are some key facts:  

-> The longest a human being in TG recorded history has played a challenging video game on the same credit (85.75 hours)  

-> The highest ever recorded score on an Atari 2600 title, ever  

-> Proof that an Atari 2600 title ACTUALLY has the provision to track scores past the 100M mark, though not via 9 digits, but instead by the 10's and 1's digits  

Give up?  

Todd has SMASHED 100M on Journey Escape for the VCS. Details and a full write-up to follow once the tapes arrive and I review them.

Suddenly I feel more and more inadequate.

I usually get bored with the game after the first go-round.

Todd, Did someone beat your previous record on Journey Escape?? LOL

This has got to be right up there with his Enduro and Donkey Kong marathons. And Enduro gives you NO breaks at all; not even time between rounds to change the tape or use the restroom! And you have no "extra men or reserves" to rely on while you leave the controls for a second-- one mistake and you're history in Enduro!

Great score Todd-- It will never be Beaten! I know I don't have the endurance for it. I get completely ZONKED after a 10 or 12 hour marathon! Game ON!

Can you say Foley Cath? :lolblue:

"damn 86 hours, does this guy have a job? or is he on vacation?"

That's got to be a vacation so hellish even Chevy Chase couldn't top it.

NOTE TO NEIL SHOEN AND STEVE PERRY/AUGERI: File a restraining order against this guy immediately. After this, you know you're gonna need one.

JR

Ok my slant on this guy

( 1 ) he has no life other then playing games .

( 2 ) I dont believe it !.

( 3 ) NO person can last that long let alone stay awake functioning well at that amount of time.

( 4 ) WHY , does he need psycho~logical help get out of the tube world and live a real life.

( 5 ) Leave some games for us other players to make high scores on

Greg BigThunder 660

• 5 weeks later...

Who will get the video tapes and review them and will you post some clips from this extrordinary event on line so all can see it. I mean 85+ hours now thats a feat I can only imagine how I would look for a modeling shoot if ive been awake for 85 hours. It sounds to me like he would be a great cantidate for one of those ENERGIZERS commercials and going and going . Hey I just may look into it for him thru my contacts if Todd Rogers would be ok with it doing an energizer commercial. Todd finds new found fame

Joy Panzoukis

Ok, ok, I know everyone here seems to think Todd Rogers is God and that his poo stinks not, but PLEASE! This was JOURNEY ESCAPE. A chimp could play Journey Escape until its death. I rolled Journey Escape the FIRST TIME I PLAYED IT. The only thing this really shows is that Todd has A LOT of time on his hands.

I do think its cool that the score tracks that high. So I guess that is something.

with all due respect to this guy, he REALLY needs to get a life, there is more to life then breaking every atari 2600 record in existance, i would understand if he had 4 or even 5 records, but with scores and marathons that last more then a day is just plain insane, get some friends, a different hobby, do some community service, SOMTHING :sleep:

I've already explained, Todd got PAID to get those scores. Activision gave him a job as a game player or some such. Its not like he sat around his mom's house and played those games in lieu of having a real life.

He's good at games, he got paid to be that way.

:spidey:

Archived