IGNORED

Mod a VCS "Autofire Module" to work with NES Zapper?

glassjester

Would it be possible to wire an NES Zapper to an autofire module (such as the "Blaster") in order to have the trigger function as turbo or autofire button?

I know it wouldn't work on the 1st party Zapper, because the trigger fire occurs when the trigger button is released. But there are many third party "zappers" that function when the trigger button is pressed down.

I want to create an adapter that allows the zapper to have autofire. 

2576720853_e49783d60f_b.jpg

Maybe this would be easier with an NES Turbo Blaster adapter?

s-l300.jpg

I think I could wire the 4 zapper wires like this:

Zapper 5v to Adapter Pin 7

Zapper Ground to Adapter Pin 8

Zapper Trigger to Adapter Pin 6

Zapper Detect to Adapter Pin... 1?

I think as long as I match the input pins to the other end of a Zapper cable going TO the NES, it should be ok, right?

nUrIISzpqO8mPdK_ydSHqPsKshzH8AaFXDng9GgoQHwhrOGq4EnlV2hL4ay9eVYft-3GmRtdZsfdEFlcqS56br4QfabnUYcz1QK00VoNdf5WiLgLconnectorpinout.png?w=300&h=200

It's gonna have: a blue led light and a blue laser coming out of the barrel (that both light up when the trigger is pressed), adjustable autofire, Star Trek (original series, of course) phaser sound effects (again, activated by the trigger), and a port at the base of the handle to detach the zapper cable. 

I've already built a working one that has the blue led and sound effects. Just gotta add autofire, laser, and the detachable cable. 

On 3/12/2020 at 9:57 PM, glassjester said:

I think I could wire the 4 zapper wires like this:

Zapper 5v to Adapter Pin 7

Zapper Ground to Adapter Pin 8

Zapper Trigger to Adapter Pin 6

Zapper Detect to Adapter Pin... 1?

I think as long as I match the input pins to the other end of a Zapper cable going TO the NES, it should be ok, right?

nUrIISzpqO8mPdK_ydSHqPsKshzH8AaFXDng9GgoQHwhrOGq4EnlV2hL4ay9eVYft-3GmRtdZsfdEFlcqS56br4QfabnUYcz1QK00VoNdf5WiLgLconnectorpinout.png?w=300&h=200

Not sure why the Atari pinout diagram disappeared. I'm putting it here for my own personal reference lol.

Atari_joy-port.svg