IGNORED

Getting a Switch! Need Game Advice

Tempest

23 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

The reason that I do not play Zelda anymore is that I hated this game so much that I gave up on the entire series. I know that sounds crazy, but it's true.

It's my second least favorite Zelda game, right after Ocarina of Time. I feel like they tried a little too hard to please the OoT fans.

I like some bits of it, though. I definitely liked the GC version better than the Wii one.

Things get better after that. I enjoyed the heck out of Skyward Sword, I can't wait to replay it, and the two Wind Waker sequels on the DS are pretty fun, if you can get past the touch controls (or play them with a d-pad hack). I enjoyed Link Between Worlds, but Street Pass made the game way too easy...which, sadly, won't be a problem anymore.

...and then there was BotW...

20 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Majora's Mistake though, that almost did make me quit the franchise it's just that wretched.

I don't know, I liked MM a lot. I kind of missed out on it the first time around, but coming back to it was fun. I haven't tried the remake yet.

21 hours ago, DavidDayton said:

Weird... Majora's Mask is one of the better Zelda games but it's... weird.  It might be hard to get into these days, too.  

To each their own, I will never figure out people really like that game with all its problems and rushed production to get that out before N64 cratered, even Miyamoto wouldn't mess with it as it was handed off.  I didn't like it in the N64 era, and probably every 5-10 years between me finding a second hand copy and giving it a go again.  It's just not good.  Massive levels of pointless optional mask based fetch chores err quests, the rushed aspect and having to skip time back causing re-run efforts and some losses, etc.  The game just felt anti-Zelda cutting off taking time to battle and explore in place of being rushed and lack of space to explore given the central design of it.