IGNORED

Exchanged my controllers with Best Electronics!

jbehrends

Just sent in my two old and partially working controllers for re-conditioned controllers and figured I'd post my experience here for others who might be curious.

• Started the process by sending them an email asking about exchanging two controllers, and getting a quote.
  • Got an email back within about 15 mins with an exact quote.
  • Sent both controllers in on Monday (3/9) along with a postal money order (since that's what he wanted), via USPS priority mail from Oregon.
  • They showed up at Best on Wednesday sometime in the afternoon as per USPS tracking.
  • A few hours later they shipped the re-conditioned controllers out via USPS (I know because I looked up the tracking number info which I got off the box, tracking info was not sent via email).
  • Controllers where dropped off today (Friday 3/13) at my house.

Here is a link to a few pictures showing the box and contents for those of you who are curious: https://imgur.com/gallery/eDSCvhX

I don't have a lot of time at the moment to test them, but I did quickly plug them both in and ran through a few games and was not disappointed.  All buttons were super easy to press (Had to button mash on my old ones to get buttons to register) and joystick movement seemed stable with good tracking left/right/up/down.  When I have a bigger chunk of free time tonight or tomorrow I'll try to give them a through test run.

• Like 3

On 3/13/2020 at 4:15 PM, jbehrends said:

Just sent in my two old and partially working controllers for re-conditioned controllers and figured I'd post my experience here for others who might be curious.

• Started the process by sending them an email asking about exchanging two controllers, and getting a quote.
  • Got an email back within about 15 mins with an exact quote.
  • Sent both controllers in on Monday (3/9) along with a postal money order (since that's what he wanted), via USPS priority mail from Oregon.
  • They showed up at Best on Wednesday sometime in the afternoon as per USPS tracking.
  • A few hours later they shipped the re-conditioned controllers out via USPS (I know because I looked up the tracking number info which I got off the box, tracking info was not sent via email).
  • Controllers where dropped off today (Friday 3/13) at my house.

Here is a link to a few pictures showing the box and contents for those of you who are curious: https://imgur.com/gallery/eDSCvhX

I don't have a lot of time at the moment to test them, but I did quickly plug them both in and ran through a few games and was not disappointed.  All buttons were super easy to press (Had to button mash on my old ones to get buttons to register) and joystick movement seemed stable with good tracking left/right/up/down.  When I have a bigger chunk of free time tonight or tomorrow I'll try to give them a through test run.

How are these? I recently repaired my original controllers with triple carbon dot fire buttons and rev 9 flex circuits and now I'm wondering if the gold parts are worth the premium price.

I've also been interested in what changed in the flex circuit from version to version, if there is a change list out there, my originals were rev 7 and the controllers were made in Mexico.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, paulderr said:

Yes they are worth the Premium Price. They work flawlessly every time.

This! I purchased a pair in 2018 and they work as well today, as the day they arrived. I just finished playing 45 minutes of Defender (love playing Defender with the CX52's, followed by another 45 minutes of Pac-Man Arcade (thank you Tep!)