IGNORED

Inty games that you didn't like that everyone else did and vice versa..

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

The intellivision controller only has three side button functions.  The top two are wired together.

With night stalker, deadly discs, and ad&d, in emulation you can map it like a twin stick shooter if you like.  You can even cross map the controls so you can run and shoot at the same time.  What emulator are you using?  Mame is straight forward for mapping controls.  Actually for twin stick shooter mapping you can use something outside the emulator like joytokey.

I'm using Nostalgia.  It doesn't seem to want to let you map dual analog joysticks, which would have been much better.

Thanks!  Downloaded it but still not sure how to get it to work.  In Configure Joystick Devices/Advanced Setting For Each Device it seems to recognize my dual analog sticks I want to use for keypad/dial.  But in Profile 1 I can't map analog stick 1 to, say, Stick1 movement.  I double click Stick1 for left direction and it won't let me assign it to analog joystick left.  Hopefully the joytokey website will be able to help me.

If you're trying to map an analog stick to the 16 direction intellivision disc, don't bother.  Joytokey is about mapping usb game controller actions to keyboard keys. Nostalgia automatically maps the left analog stick to the intellivision disc.

In jotokey, options tab, turn on "configure diagonal input as seperate buttons" and "configure 8-way for POV".  This gives you eight directions for each analog stick and dpad for mapping to keyboard keys (intellivision buttons).  The defaults only gives you four.

Edited by mr_me

Hmm.. now the emulator DOES recognize the left stick for the disc controller, but not the right stick for keypad controls 0-9/clr/ent.  That would be my ideal setup, along with L1/L2/R1/R2 shoulder buttons for the action buttons.  But Nostalgia won't allow mapping for these.  And this is the latest version.  Shame, because I otherwise like Nostalgia.

No nostalgia doesn't support mapping the right stick or the dpad; that's where joytokey comes in.

Let's say you want the up-left direction mapped to intellivision keypad 1.   Nostalgia, by default, has keyboard numpad 7 mapped to intellivision keypad 1.    In joytokey find stick2 up-left direction and map it to keyboard numpad 7.  Doing this you can map eight directions of stick2 or dpad to intellivision keypad 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9.  All other intellividion controller buttons can be bound to any regular controller button in Nostalgia (or through joytokey if you prefer).

• Like 1

You can find the author's name and email in the help menu; but it hasn't been updated since 2008.  I noticed in your original post a comment about lack of controller responsiveness.  I have to say that, at least with some games, I see a difference between emulation and real hardware when it comes to controller response.

• Like 1

I love Vectron. Very few do. Also really liked Maze-A-Tron, Solar Sailer and Tropical Trouble. Even Space Hawk. 

Not sure about best-loved games I disagree with. Maybe Pitfall. It's fine and all but the Intellivision version isn't special IMO. I enjoyed the Atari version with the Indiana Jones mania but expected more for the Intellivision version.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

One aspect that I like in White Water is that it includes a moral choice when playing the flag grabbing game against the natives. You can play by the rules or not.

Yes!  That treasure grab screen was always my favorite.   Most of the time of you took the turns it turned out good.    But is was fun to go for the large golden vase first anyway and try to dodge the ax.   Haha 

• Like 1

Just now, Rev said:

Yes!  That treasure grab screen was always my favorite.   Most of the time of you took the turns it turned out good.    But is was fun to go for the large golden vase first anyway and try to dodge the ax.   Haha 

Not just the axe but the river would get really nasty as well if you managed to escape. Risk and reward, they really thought it through...

10 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Not just the axe but the river would get really nasty as well if you managed to escape. Risk and reward, they really thought it through...

Yes that too. The one thing I always disliked was falling out of the raft!   ?