IGNORED

silver 99/4A vs beighe blue button 99/4A

AtariNostalgia

nope..

all consoles are worth about 25 bucks alone or 50 cib.. no real collectors value at all for variations.

Some people have a desire for the old style, some prefer beige..

the QI consoles have good points and bad, especially the mitsumi membrane keyboard..so they tend to be cheaper as a lot of them are "broken" at this point..     

The QI with the 1983 bios is rarer as they didn't work with 3rd party cartridges, a work around has been found and this can easily be subverted but it's a hassle..  some people collect all the versions but again, they are all the same functionally..  so the same value really..  

Also note, early production beige consoles (from the middle of 1983) have the blue strip on the power switch and the later ones (late 1983-early 1984) have a red stripe (sometimes looks a bit orange). There is no difference in value, but the blue stripe ones almost never have the 1983 V2.2 OS in them.

• Like 2

If you have a steady hand to make a cut-out in the front of the case, and you can solder, it is not difficult to add a power LED to these units.  I put a blue one in mine with a good resistor (to demure the light output) easily as the positions are there on the power board.  I did not, however, do such a good job with cutting the hole in the case.  I expect to do better on my second go.

I've considered it. Main argument against right now is that my beige unit doesn't work completely right. It boots and everything seems to respond, but there's an endless waterfall noise coming out of the sound chip.

I've not had the right combination of time and ambition to debug it.