IGNORED

For the love of God does anybody have the Creative Remote Control Center software?

I received a computer with a SB Live! and a Live Drive IR some time ago (Windows 98 era machine) and the Live Drive did not have a remote. I ordered one on ebay and it came in looking like new. But I can't use it! The machine came with no CD's either. Apparently the package with this Live Drive IR came with an installation CD with the "Creative Remote Control Center" that is needed for the remote to work.

Creative's archive only has the "update" for the remote control center, which will not install as it complains that it cannot find the software installed!

Scouring the net for hours has yeilded nothing. Not even Vogons has this stuff.

So, I am throwing a plea for help out there. Does anyone have this hardware and the CD that they can possibly image for me?

Any help is appreciated!

Edited by eightbit

14 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

A good idea indeed. I did this a few days ago with no finds...but I will try again .

EDIT: Nothing.

The version of this software is quite old (circa 1999-2001) and would be version 1.40. Without it this device is worthless :(

Edited by eightbit

I looked inside, and it is not a driverguide installer.  It appears to be a period installshield package for the live drive IR software, with regionalized languages.

Various INI files in the package have this metadata

[Version]
SoftwareSubPath = RemoteCenter
SoftwareID = REMOTECENTER
SoftwareVersion = 1.40.26
SoftwareFriendlyName = RemoteCenter

------

[Startup]
EnableLangDlg=Y
AppName=Creative RemoteCenter
ProductGUID=67675F62-0F4B-11D6-85F2-00902722F429

It is the zip package I attached several posts up.

Edited by wierd_w

6 minutes ago, wierd_w said:

Sorry bro, I have been looking for over an hour, and come up with no further leads.

Hey man, I always appreciate the attempt! ;)

As for the Live Drive...it's odd. It has a headphone jack in front with a volume knob. You'd figure that's cool....but CD redbook audio does not come out of it. Only windows sound.

Ehh..I may never find the driver for it. It's there now as a filler....lol.

Edited by eightbit

I had an Audigy 2 that came with the front panel IR.  I found the install CD for it, but again, this is for A2 and may or may not work with your Live.  But I suppose it could be made available.

It has a directory under CMS called Remote, which has an install package.

Edited by ChildOfCv
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ChildOfCv said:

I had an Audigy 2 that came with the front panel IR.  I found the install CD for it, but again, this is for A2 and may or may not work with your Live.  But I suppose it could be made available.

It has a directory under CMS called Remote, which has an install package.

Hey at this point I am willing to give anything a try! I know the panel for the audigy 2 was similar and I know that the Live Drive IR works with the Audigy 2 sound card as well....so it just might work! Anything you can make available would be greatly appreciated!

The Audigy 2 software did it! The remote control center folder on the disc still gave the iKernel error, but the "media control center" on the disc installed....and then froze on reboot. And then like magic the next day it booted right in with the remote working and OSD stuff working as well!

Thanks everyone for helping with this, and thank you ChildOfCv for the disc image that made this happen!

• Like 1