IGNORED

Sega Dreamcast / Panasonic 3DO moved to eBay

ClassicGMR

MOVED TO EBAY

1) I have acquired a Dreamcast system with a GDEMU installed so I no longer need my other console.

The console version is VA0. This console plays backups with no issues. It plays perfectly fine, not discolored and comes with a controller, AV and power cables. I've also got Sonic Adventure disc only. I'll throw a few more things in the box as I find them.

NOTE: This console is not compatible with the GDEMU modification.

$70 shipped to US. $80 to Canada. (I know I said eBay bound but since I just added the 3DO to the thread it'll stay a little longer.)

25E34DAE-B985-49D8-9C29-F99897BC613E.jpeg

8B033B7F-DF68-4BD2-9A91-8C0FE99ADAB7.jpeg

9280EED3-C28E-45F7-A25D-09327D6FFA29.jpeg

4C93935B-2214-4BCB-B8D5-FCED417F4032.jpeg

————————————————————————————————————————————————

2) As I stated here I now own a modded 3DO with an MNemo board already installed. This makes my Panasonic 3DO redundant. This system will take an MNemo board but God knows when an order would get here so I grabbed one already with it when the wife said "Go for it!". Just know if you want to and can get it you can do the modification. Unfortunately it's also the most expensive version of the mod ($160 internal/$184 external as of this post).

She plays great. All 3DO consoles play CD-R as far as I know and this one is no different. No cords or controllers included (power is attached). I need the cords/controllers because the console I bought was just the console... sorry. I may have some retail games someplace for it. If I find them I'll throw them in but assume you're only getting a console.

The console has some scuffs and scratches - and if you look carefully at the left side - there is a line of white paint from the wall when I moved it post-painting years ago at my old house.

$125 shipped to US. $135 to Canada.

49E7CB63-99CD-4CC0-99E6-E9E47800DCAF.jpeg

D980AC8F-6B9D-4ECE-8B81-E1E00E8E3DA5.jpeg

CEF8C0D0-1D2D-4FEA-BF2A-FA1C18BC4383.jpeg

62DCB4B5-1199-4F9F-8AEB-B0E57EED4F6E.jpeg

4E8DB66F-616E-4803-95B1-9B32EEB9EA7B.jpeg

Edited by ClassicGMR
Moved to eBay
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Not true.  Only 0 and 1 can play burned games.  2's need a modchip.

Version 2.1 is also VERY rare as 99 percent of DC consoles are VA0 & VA1 and flavors there of.

The few that are out there are mostly Japanese consoles as well. Even fewer units with that

revision are in North American consoles. And if by some chance you find difficulty booting from a

CDR you can always use glass pressed boot disk of some sort.

Anyhow, OP has a nice DC for sale at $70 shipped and I'm sure he's gonna sell it.

I will say this. I have been in the Dreamcast "scene" since the very beginning. I imported a Japanese unit in June of 1999 and since then have owned roughly three dozen (or more) Dreamcast consoles from 1999 all the way to to 2001 and 2002 clearance models. That said, I have never found a single one that would not play backup discs...if the GD-ROM drive was functional that is. I would love to inspect one that did NOT play backups personally. If it exists it is super rare! I suspect if there is one out there that was "fixed" in such a way it is probably a very last Japanese release or something.

Ohh, and the last two DC's I had were VA2 models. They played backups too.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/17/2020 at 4:09 PM, eightbit said:

I will say this. I have been in the Dreamcast "scene" since the very beginning. I imported a Japanese unit in June of 1999 and since then have owned roughly three dozen (or more) Dreamcast consoles from 1999 all the way to to 2001 and 2002 clearance models. That said, I have never found a single one that would not play backup discs...if the GD-ROM drive was functional that is. I would love to inspect one that did NOT play backups personally. If it exists it is super rare! I suspect if there is one out there that was "fixed" in such a way it is probably a very last Japanese release or something.

Ohh, and the last two DC's I had were VA2 models. They played backups too.

Thanks for chiming in with this. That user who posted that foolishness likes to spout pure non-sense all over every section of the AA forum with absolutely no real knowledge of ANYTHING on damn near any topic. It's infuriating to me and takes away from my enjoyment of the AA forum seeing such crap all the time. Glad to see other users like yourself posting factual, first hand and informative posts to the contrary of his unchecked drivel. 

Here I am going off topic in this good Gentlemen's sale thread though, I really hope the extra views get the attention of others who are looking to buy this nice machine from him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, towmater said:

So is this comment true or mistaken?

OK so to clarify:

- This system is still for sale.

- This system plays retail games with no issue.

- This system plays backup/burnt CDs fine.

- This system will NOT take the GDEMU modification.

- Free bumps are awesome! ??

Edited by ClassicGMR
Added link
  • Like 1

There are people that have used the GDEMU (or a clone) in a VA0 but this is NOT recommended. The voltage on that model is slightly different IIRC and can/will damage the GDEMU. The VA2 model also cannot use the GDEMU, but that is because the GD-ROM interface is completely different than what the GDEMU plugs into. The GDEMU would need a revision...

I will say that of all of the models that I owned the VA0 model is the most robust. They are all good in my experience, but the VA0 was the first run and built without all of the cost saving measures that come with all consoles as they move on. It had this really cool cooling piping that made the console (at least to be, never weighed it) feel heavier and more sturdy.

I'd say if you are in the market for a solid DC and don't mind using or making discs, this is an excellent deal. Hard to find non-yellowed DC's and especially a VA0 model in this condition.

Next-to-last bump. Here's a freebie. :) 

It's telling of the times that an AA member for 12 years with 1,400+ community rep points selling a VA0 for $70 shipped U.S. gets no bites. This would be a great pickup for someone wanting to get into DC. The guy loves them enough to buy upgraded ones, so it follows it's probably in good condition from a DC passionate seller. I hope it sells before it hits the Bay and that someone in the AA community gets it.

• Like 2