IGNORED

Season 17 Round 4 - Balloon Fight

asponge

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

For games like that, I'd be down for highest score within a certain level or set number of lives. At least we have a lot to play here, so dropping a game or two isn't the worst. Btw, just played a full nine innings of Nintendo's finest and have nothing to show for it smh.

Yeah My first game it was 0-1 then 2-8 then finally 5-1.  I really hate that game...

^ I've been restarting if the cpu has the lead within the first 3 innings, it's just not worth it. But I did just manage to squeeze out a win. Didn't get a pic in time. But would I lie about the time I've wasted on this game? Sigh.

Baseball: 4-2

Tried soccer again, 10-1, still not enough to take over Tempest yet.

Also got a new high for Balloon Fight! Now this is a game I enjoy. Although, I do like 2 player more. And man, that bonus stage super bonus of 10k, *whistles*. Only got that on the first one. It gets tricky.

Balloon Fight: 150,800

bf-3-17-150k.thumb.JPG.1884c96b1e8992d5e113d93b25ca0b4e.JPG

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

^ I've been restarting if the cpu has the lead within the first 3 innings, it's just not worth it. But I did just manage to squeeze out a win. Didn't get a pic in time. But would I lie about the time I've wasted on this game? Sigh.

Baseball: 4-2

Tried soccer again, 10-1, still not enough to take over Tempest yet.

Also got a new high for Balloon Fight! Now this is a game I enjoy. Although, I do like 2 player more. And man, that bonus stage super bonus of 10k, *whistles*. Only got that on the first one. It gets tricky.

It gets higher than that.  I think I got 20K or more.  I was getting pretty good at it.

• Like 1

Oh man, asponge, are we gonna be dukin' it out for 3rd here? And Tempest and I have something going for the best sports games ever. Who can suffer the most? At least Soccer is more tolerable...

On a Balloon Fight note: What control do people prefer here? Continuously tapping A to fly or holding down B? I find myself primarily using B, but sometimes switching to A if I'm in a jam. I feel like it gives me a little more control. Or I might be misreading the whole thing.

12 hours ago, fakecortex said:

On a Balloon Fight note: What control do people prefer here? Continuously tapping A to fly or holding down B? I find myself primarily using B, but sometimes switching to A if I'm in a jam. I feel like it gives me a little more control. Or I might be misreading the whole thing.

I used B mostly but A to do some tight maneuvers.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 8:56 AM, fakecortex said:

Oh man, asponge, are we gonna be dukin' it out for 3rd here?

We've been battling it out for 2nd or 3rd place for the last 3 rounds.  Why stop now?  I'm hoping to have some time this weekend to get a few rounds in.

• Like 1

Baseball:  I lost 11-13.  (no picture)

Man, I can see what you all are talking about. I thought I remembered liking this game well enough, but no. This is really bad. Down there with Bo Jackson Baseball or at least almost that bad. I guess I would have to review that one again to make sure!  xD

The outfielders waddle around the ball while runners are stealing bases?  Players are helpless as the ball moves right through them.  Umpires say "out" when the guy was WAY onto the plate already.

Yeah. My copy's going in the corner too, like fakecortex's!  BAD Baseball.  Bad.

Not to be confused with Bad News Baseball, now that's a much better game.

• Haha 1