Sign in to follow this  
krae_man

FS: Gamepark Systems GP32, GP2X, GP2X Wiz, Caanoo

Posted (edited)

DSC01055.thumb.JPG.763cadfb33d06470a92d26a0d83e1c71.JPG

GP32: $40

Powers on, but nothing shows up on screen. I'm not sure what's wrong. 128mb memory card included. Cosmetically it looks fine:

DSC01044.thumb.JPG.e74ce15cb5d54cf320b26f6847e23dda.JPG

GP2X: $40

Does not work with batteries, but if you connect it with the Gamepark proprietary USB cable(not included) it works:

DSC01045.thumb.JPG.823e884381ed09780eb4354bfb005be4.JPG

*However, the bottom left of the unit got extremely hot, very quickly this way within a couple minutes*

GP2X Wiz: $70

Caanoo: $80

Both work great, batteries hold a charge. USB charge cable included. Caanoo includes install disk.

DSC01046.thumb.JPG.6ba36ddbda8b37fd474047de14d7214f.JPG

Edited by krae_man
  • Like 2

Its a shame with that GP2X. I had a whole lot of fun with that device when it came out years ago. The description of the problem sounds like the voltage regulator chip...which is prone to failing on these. The batteries will no longer work and the thing gets hot on wall power. To make matters worse that chip is an SMD. If someone has the skill and a replacement chip they will be able to fix this, but I would not advise on wall powering it any more until it is fixed.

GP32, I have the same problem. The flash ROM chip is loosing it's contents for some reason, and it needs a reflash, which is almost impossible.

I built a special interface to do that, but I was unsuccessful, because the sw gave me an error.

23 minutes ago, amiman99 said:

GP32, I have the same problem. The flash ROM chip is loosing it's contents for some reason, and it needs a reflash, which is almost impossible.

I built a special interface to do that, but I was unsuccessful, because the sw gave me an error.

Lots of those have that problem. I had one with the same thing years ago and was unable to fix it myself. What a shame...such great handhelds too.

I actually still use my GP2x Wiz.  I guess I might consider getting another as I am familiar with it.  How is the screen on yours?  A lot of them have spotting that gets worse and worse with time.

If you like the Wiz you should pick up that Caanoo. The best GPH device IMHO. I had both a black and a white one. They are awesome!

• Like 1

I'll have to check it more when I get home.

Both seem to work fine and hold a charge great.

23 hours ago, wongojack said:

I actually still use my GP2x Wiz.  I guess I might consider getting another as I am familiar with it.  How is the screen on yours?  A lot of them have spotting that gets worse and worse with time.

Screen is great. I can't see any problems. Everything looks perfect.