IGNORED

status updates

Atarian7

I'm having the same issue. I assume it's already known but throwing my $0.02 in there.

I found that if someone did one recently and it's under an hour you can easily tell if the module will let you do one of your own. Example:

- Random User did a status update "21 minutes ago". I clicked into "What's on your mind?" and it only highlighted the text. Unresponsive.

- I read some stuff and went back to the main page about 5 minutes later. Status update still showed "21 minutes ago".

- I went to my bank site, paid some bills and came back. Status update still showed "21 minutes ago".

- I hit the Buy, Sell, Trade board for a few minutes then went back to main. Status update NOW showed "37 minutes ago". I clicked into the "What's on your mind?" box and it worked.

- Possible the module is unresponsive/laggy/sluggish/tired? ;)

- This has been like this for a week or more that I am aware of.

I am using Firefox and it is fully updated. Just FYI.

Speaking of status updates.  They are now truncated which is good for the people who like to post 3 pages of text in their updates.  Is there a way to read the full status update without clicking on the user name?  When I do that, it takes me to their feed, and if they have made say 5 posts in the forum since the update, I have to scroll past all of those to see the status update I am interested in.

• 4 months later...

Ze evil hacker came up with this direct link that enables you to post a status update. Somehow it magically opened the box on the front page as well.

https://atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=status&controller=ajaxcreate

Edit: Well, the box on the front page loaded once, right after adding the status update but not again so it probably was cache related.

Edited by carlsson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/28/2020 at 8:37 PM, roadrunner said:

One person has 5 status updates on the updates as i type this. 5

Man, mine are still banned. I just want to post one every once in a while. Like just today I wanted to post:

"Everything I post is either a 'Fluff Piece' or a 'Hit Piece'"

But instead I had to find some place quasi-relevant to post it. Which turns out to be this very thread. I have to do this sort of thing often. It's time consuming.

Boy, it sure would be nice to just have my status updates restored.... :( Maybe someone will share theirs with me??? I could work Garfield or NeoGeo into something if I had too....  Hrmmmm...

Capture.PNG

Edited by Draxxon

21 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I wish we could ignore user status updates.  Tired of seeing nothing but garfield in the updates.

I rather like the Garfield comics, but I agree.  I created the Post Your Favorite Comic Strip thread so Garfield could have a home there (as well as other comics), but to no avail.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:15 PM, joeatari1 said:

I rather like the Garfield comics, but I agree.  I created the Post Your Favorite Comic Strip thread so Garfield could have a home there (as well as other comics), but to no avail.

Even if Garfield was posted in the comic strip thread, it would still be in status updates. Let me give you an example: "Hey everyone, check out the latest Garfield cartoon that I posted in post #678 of the Comic Strip Thread!" 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...