IGNORED

status updates

Atarian7

I think the status update feature is fine; sometimes it keeps the more random stuff out of the forum.  It'd be cool if there was a way to hide it for the folks that don't want to see it.

What I don't think is cool are folks that feel the need to react 'Confused' to each and every status update that they may not think pertains to AA or is somehow off-topic.  It seems unnecessary to crap on folks just because they use the status update feature for non-video game-related stuff.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, digdugnate said:

I think the status update feature is fine; sometimes it keeps the more random stuff out of the forum.  It'd be cool if there was a way to hide it for the folks that don't want to see it.

What I don't think is cool are folks that feel the need to react 'Confused' to each and every status update that they may not think pertains to AA or is somehow off-topic.  It seems unnecessary to crap on folks just because they use the status update feature for non-video game-related stuff.

i put random emojis on them all because I think it is all goofy. plus thats all I can do, If somehow I get status updates back I would probably quit. You realize I cant even comment on status updates, right?

there is zero thought behind any of it. Youre going out on a limb thinking I actually read them and think about what to respond. I dont have a problem with any of them. Those "Anyone ever" and "tribute" photo threads can fuck right off though.

I just try to use an emoji that hasnt been used or doesnt fit. Confused is usually the one not used. Im not "confused" by anything. Just my way of being annoying and wanting my updates back. Now, I hear you have status update space for rent... what are you charging?

Edited by Draxxon
  • Confused 2

On 12/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, Draxxon said:

Not sure why everyone cares about Garfield posts. Pretty much all the status updates have nothing at all to do with Atari.

Because there are _SO_ many Garfield updates.  We get it, he's a cat who's sarcastic, fat, and likes lasagna.

Garfield isn't that funny, and we don't need to see a new update every time we check into AA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, ls650 said:

Because there are _SO_ many Garfield updates.

I only see one.

I get it, they suck. and arent funny. again, still not sure why everyone cares. its like its trendy to care, is what I actually meant.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

I only see one.

I get it, they suck. and arent funny. again, still not sure why everyone cares. its like its trendy to care, is what I actually meant.

You ALWAYS see one. The moment one is about to be cycled off the board, a new one appears. Someone craves attention is all that I see. I don't really care about the content, but it's the attention seeking behavior and spamming which is annoying. I get a kick out of random things most people post on the status updates, on the other hand I don't need to see a constant stream of the same thing when the site has options that facilitate discussion way better than bumping the status bar constantly. 

I also agree with you, why do I care so much? I know, it's stupid to care, and I feel stupid bitching about it. But, it's also really annoying. And I am aware that my bitching about it is also annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Well don't get too bent out of shape, as even the Confused adds +1 to that user's imaginary internet social reputation points. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

i put random emojis on them all because I think it is all goofy. plus thats all I can do, If somehow I get status updates back I would probably quit. You realize I cant even comment on status updates, right?

there is zero thought behind any of it. Youre going out on a limb thinking I actually read them and think about what to respond. I dont have a problem with any of them. Those "Anyone ever" and "tribute" photo threads can fuck right off though.

I just try to use an emoji that hasnt been used or doesnt fit. Confused is usually the one not used. Im not "confused" by anything. Just my way of being annoying and wanting my updates back. Now, I hear you have status update space for rent... what are you charging?

12 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

if I had status updates back, I could flood it off the board.

Well, now I'm gong to see if I can remove your ability to troll the status updates in this fashion, plus I'm kicking you out of this thread.  You're certainly not getting the ability to post status updates or replies back given what I just read above.

..Al

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Currently I can't post status updates.  Hopefully I wasn't confused with someone else and got banned.

Please let us know what you did, so we can start a campaign against the annoying 3 time a day garfield posts.  I'll even pay someone to develop a plugin that will let the ignore user feature actually be worth a damn and not only ignore replies, but completely ignore status updates as well.  Failing that, I could always set up an alarm to remind me to post maybe a car picture every 30 minutes.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 5:24 PM, Stephen said:

Please let us know what you did, so we can start a campaign against the annoying 3 time a day garfield posts.  I'll even pay someone to develop a plugin that will let the ignore user feature actually be worth a damn and not only ignore replies, but completely ignore status updates as well.  Failing that, I could always set up an alarm to remind me to post maybe a car picture every 30 minutes.

Should just remove status updates altogether.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
Just now, Stephen said:

Looks like they are gone now.  I guess Garfield 3 times a day was fine, but when Heathcliff showed up, that was all she wrote :)

I removed them from the front page, but it's easy to create a custom activity stream that shows all status updates on a single page.  I'll setup one that will show up under the "My Activity Streams" later today.

..Al

• Like 3

Just now, Albert said:

I removed them from the front page, but it's easy to create a custom activity stream that shows all status updates on a single page.  I'll setup one that will show up under the "My Activity Streams" later today.

..Al

Was joking honestly, but it is nice to not have them on the front page.  Would a collapsible "side panel" be an easy addition perhaps?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Albert said:

I'm just not a big fan of having status updates on the front page at all, so probably not.

..Al

Hi Albert,

It was fun while it lasted and we understand that your doing what you feel is best for the forums and our community. Either way, looking forward on what you have to offer for AtariAge in the future bro. :)

THANK YOU! : r/garfield

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3