IGNORED

status updates

Atarian7

They're seriously gone?

Now I'm bummed.    :(

I really really looked forward to seeing what was on people's minds;   Sometimes video games, sometimes random thoughts, sometimes jokes, sometimes very serious things, like being sick or deaths in the family where some support was needed.    And, maybe too much actually,  I liked to respond.

I know we can still get to them with the streams deal, but...Sorry, (for me) it's not the same.   I predict far less traffic.  And sometimes they didn't get much traffic anyway.  I try to be supportive of Al wherever possible,  and supportive of AtariAge in general;  This website has brought me a lot of joy,  sometimes when I really needed it... but this feels like when one of your Favorite websites casually tells you they're changing things (even though 9 times out of 10 almost everyone on board is against it (although maybe not in this case))...eBay, Yahoo, and even my Fidelity account come to mind.  I guess we should never take anything for granted because it can be taken away tomorrow...

I know it's not my website,  Al, I respect your decision....And I would never want to overstate my importance as one guy who most people probably wish would be quiet anyway (heh), but for the record,  I really liked it the way it was.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, GoldLeader said:

They're seriously gone?

I really really looked forward to seeing what was on people's minds;   Sometimes video games, sometimes random thoughts, sometimes jokes, sometimes very serious things, like being sick or deaths in the family where some support was needed.    And, maybe too much actually,  I liked to respond.

I know we can still get to them with the streams deal, but...Sorry, (for me) it's not the same.   I predict far less traffic.  And sometimes they didn't get much traffic anyway.  I try to be supportive of Al wherever possible,  and supportive of AtariAge in general;  This website has brought me a lot of joy,  sometimes when I really needed it... but this feels like when one of your Favorite websites casually tells you they're changing things (even though 9 times out of 10 almost everyone on board is against it (although maybe not in this case))...eBay, Yahoo, and even my Fidelity account come to mind.  I guess we should never take anything for granted because it can be taken away tomorrow...

I know it's not my website,  Al, I respect your decision....And I would never want to overstate my importance as one guy who most people probably wish would be quiet anyway (heh), but for the record,  I really liked it the way it was.

Not seriously gone.

You need to create an activity stream to see status updates again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

They're seriously gone?

So true Johnny. Going to miss it. We will endure for sure, but will certainly manage since AtariAge is a fun place to be. :)

In the meanwhile, Albert gave me permission to start, an official Garfield thread on the General Chat section. That will be  fun regarding our flabby tabby and his friends. :)

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

They're seriously gone?

This is true. The status updates were a way of binding the community together. Now that is no longer.

• Like 4

Oh well.  I think they were more good than bad and am kinda sad to see them go.

I got used to having them there, but it seemed there were plenty of people confused between posting a status update and a personal message.  That alone seems like a good reason to push them to a less visible area.  I guess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Keatah said:

This is true. The status updates were a way of binding the community together. Now that is no longer.

Maybe one day it will return if there's a big enough demand for @Albert to take notice

I use to belly laugh with @doctorclu Joke of the Day postings on there. He really had plenty of good ones and he had a great reason for all those laughing emoji clicks for a reason Keatah. 

The last posting by him was hilarious. :lolblue:

------ Joke of the Day ------

People say i look better

without glasses.

But i just can’t see it.

------------------------------

Anthony...

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Keatah said:

Plus when members were experiencing difficult times in their lives, we tried to help relieve their problems and give as much support as we possibly could. The Status Updates section certainly had it's benefits, and made friends even closer. :)

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, wongojack said:

Oh well.  I think they were more good than bad and am kinda sad to see them go.

One of the most memorable Status Updates for me was I just happen to sit down in front of the computer and mention I was eating a bowl of Product 19 cereal. Then AtariAge member @Nathan Strum mention that he use to enjoy that brand from Kellogg and thought it was discontinued. At the time, Product 19 was still around and shared a link off Amazon to buy some. Sadly, it's no longer available.

He did so and was glad to see him purchase a few boxes after all those years on not having some in his pantry. :)

Anthony..

Edited by Charlie Cat
  • Like 4

A lot of mentions of the Garfield threads, but what we also got were quick bits of news about people we cared about, fun quotes, bits of news of things going on both in gaming and the world.   Not all that merits a full post.

There were obviously quite a few that enjoyed some or numerous updates.   And there were those that liked to complain about Garfield.

Obviously opinions either way.  Why wasn't it put it for a poll to see which direction this community wanted to go with this?

• Like 6

I think the Amico was a bit of an invigorating topic.  In status updates, or where it lived previously.  I mean would it be an atari VCS part deux, or perhaps a Coleco Chameleon Reimagined?  Plenty of rose colored glasses, like an oft quoted "I want to believe" poster seen in an episode of The X-Files...I started out seeing the glass as half full....But soon felt it was,  well,  more like a diaper half full...

• Haha 4

I've created a new Activity stream called "Status Updates".  You can find it in the "My Activity Streams", it should be the second option. 

StatusUpdates_Stream.png

Here it is in action:

Status Updates Activity Stream

The All Activity and Unread Activity streams also show Status Updates.  Both of these pages will allow you to reply right on the page.  I think the "Status Updates" page is a lot nicer than the somewhat clumsy Status Updates box that was on the right side of the page, and it makes it easier to scroll through more status updates, versus just those that were shown on the front page of the forum.

You can bookmark the Status Updates page as well so you can more quickly get to it if you'd like.

..Al

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Albert said:

I've created a new Activity stream called "Status Updates".  You can find it in the "My Activity Streams", it should be the second option. 

Here it is in action:

Status Updates Activity Stream

The All Activity and Unread Activity streams also show Status Updates.  Both of these pages will allow you to reply right on the page.  I think the "Status Updates" page is a lot nicer than the somewhat clumsy Status Updates box that was on the right side of the page, and it makes it easier to scroll through more status updates, versus just those that were shown on the front page of the forum.

You can bookmark the Status Updates page as well so you can more quickly get to it if you'd like.

..Al

Great to know Albert.  Thank you for the heads up. :)

Anthony...