IGNORED

Ultrasatan micro problem

Hi

I'm fairly new to the ST and got myself a 520 STFM that has s a 1mb upgrade. I just bought an Ultrasatan mini that plugs straight into the hard drive 

port. I formatted the micro SD card fat16 with a single 4GB partition (also tried a couple of different cards and a 2GB partition) and put it in the US. When I switch it on I get a solid green light and another little red light flashes once when I put the SD card in. Booting into TOS I cant see the SD card. I wasn't sure if I need a driver there to be able to access it so I tried the demo version of HDDriver and that doesn't detect anything either. I'm not sure if I'm doing something stupid but I'm expecting a Fat16 formatted SD to appear in TOS when I plug it in via the Ultrasatan? Hopefully I am doing something stupid that's easy to fix, hopefully someone here might have some ideas?

cheers

Atari ST serial, TOS 1.00-4.04 works not with DOS type FAT16 partitions. And partition size is max 512 MB (TOS 1.00-1.02 256 MB).

What TOS can handle is so called BigGEM partitions, which are special variant of FAT16, and not accessible under Windows for instance.

Yes, driver is needed. And more important: special partitioning program, what will create partitions with proper parameters. Best if it is TOS/DOS compatible.

That's commercial.  http://atari.8bitchip.info/pphdr.php

Thanks for this. I'd planned to purchase your HD software eventually. It's nice to have your link close now that I've finally ordered my Ultrasatan drive.

Since PayPal has been such a pain for you, I'll have to read through your site and see what the other payment options are and get things ready so that I'll have the software when my drive arrives.