IGNORED

C64 - How to Catalog my Collection

I am looking for the best way to catalog what is on my C64 Disk Collection.

I want to insert my floppy disks one at a time and have the program read the directory and build a catalog of the files.

If I had a list, I would be able to have a better understanding of what I own.

Thanks for your suggestions!

MarkSetGo

Nothing fancy but I have a database that I use to catalog my carts for various systems. I've thought about adding my C64 disks since I already have my C64 carts and I also include other non-cart media like CDs, UMBs, etc. It would take a long time to add everything but I'm sure I'd enjoy playing some games I haven't seen since I was a kid!

• Like 1

There came a point in time, when I was doing that same thing for the Apple II, where it all became overwhelming and I gave up. Overwhelming to me because of the slowness of a large database running on an 8-bit machine (with minimal memory and minimal disk space).

I didn't have success till I dumped all the disks to the PC and ran a catalog program on the PC itself. Once that happened I could make categories, lists, charts, and more. Not to mention having the disk images instantly available for emulation.

23 minutes ago, Keatah said:

There came a point in time, when I was doing that same thing for the Apple II, where it all became overwhelming and I gave up. Overwhelming to me because of the slowness of a large database running on an 8-bit machine (with minimal memory and minimal disk space).

I didn't have success till I dumped all the disks to the PC and ran a catalog program on the PC itself. Once that happened I could make categories, lists, charts, and more. Not to mention having the disk images instantly available for emulation.

Yes,  getting the data to the PC would be perfect. 

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to scan .d64 images?  Would I need to cut/paste from the emulator?