IGNORED

IDE Card Group Buy ?

Shift838

5 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Access denied for the Google thing--which is possibly to be expected, as I have NO Google accounts.

Just for info, yes, I have a google account, but am >never< logged in, and I was able to see & edit the XLS at at one point.

But I didn´t change anything, so did not try to "save" the XLS, so I don´t know if this works without beeing logged in/having an account.

Therefore, it should be possible to view it at least, without an account.

(Or, it sucks my cookies and get´s aware, that I am a customer at least) :)

Edited by Schmitzi

On 4/1/2020 at 5:41 PM, Schmitzi said:

Hi, can you change my 2 to "1 Original + 1 Clock with SRAM" ? thanks

(and the components, no change there)

Added 1 card.

I also found one that I received from a retiring 99er, and I want to replace the clock battery (the card has a Richard Bell sticker on it from 2006)

depending on the quantity ordered will depend on the price I can get of course.  More boards = cheaper price.

the components alone are about $125, don't recall exactly the price.  This is why I have ordered a few blank boards myself to see if I an substitute newer more available components for certain ones.  All the logic chips of course are still available, not a big deal there.  it's more around RTC, SRAM and those little damn resistor networks.  those are the ones I want to replace just because they are obsolete.  The price will not differ much i suspect than if I find the originals.

since I have never built one, not sure how much effort it will take to get one going.  then I will have a better price.  If I can get at least 20 boards ordered then I can get them for probably around 15-20 per board then of course building them with the components.  The effort will be the biggy.  lots of little chips on this card.  i'm really not sure until I build one and see if I can get it to work.  I don't want to quote that until then or take anyone's money before then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i finally got my board I ordered from Matadoc in today.  Shipping time was over a month.  but it looks great.  Now I can test myself and see if I can not only put it together and get it to work since my eyes have gotten older!  but also to verify if my clock chip substitution and daughter board will work.  Once I have proven this then I can start taking peoples money to order for the group buy.

IDE_Blank_Blue.jpg

• Like 4

I saw on Ebay in the past 2 years, someone had I think a device using a CF card for the drive.  Can someone post information on the CF flash car device if they are using one?

I don't really need one myself, but have been waiting in the wind to see what an estimated price may be.  I'm already wanting 2 of the HRD 4000's when they become available.

Beery

2 hours ago, TheBF said:

I am interested.

How big of a hard drive can this board handle?

the board with Fred's DSR can handle a primary and slave drive.  each partition IIRC can be 260mb, so each drive a little over 1gb

1 hour ago, BeeryMiller said:

I saw on Ebay in the past 2 years, someone had I think a device using a CF card for the drive.  Can someone post information on the CF flash car device if they are using one?

I don't really need one myself, but have been waiting in the wind to see what an estimated price may be.  I'm already wanting 2 of the HRD 4000's when they become available.

Beery

Fred is using a ide to CF card and he also said a ide to SD card adapter works.  there is also a ide to dual CF Card, so one acts as primary and the other as slave.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 3:46 AM, BeeryMiller said:

Beery

I use this ones:

IMG_6297.thumb.JPG.f178127e1d1f45f856d546881356f200.JPGIMG_6298.thumb.JPG.b12d3034cbd37bd85921e0c43ab47257.JPG

PQI-Disk-256MB-IDE-01.thumb.JPG.a16d6a882c75a9453f590843d37ef340.JPGPQI-Disk-256MB-IDE-02.thumb.JPG.7206ab1957c664f88684e7446bef7cb9.JPG

• Like 3

Only downside of the pqi unit I see is lacking the ability to plug into a PC and do a copy for backup purposes.  A SD or CF card that can be done.  Can't complain about the pqi price though as it is around $32 for a 2 GB unit.

Beery