IGNORED

IDE Card Group Buy ?

Shift838

47 minutes ago, klrw111-78 said:

Is this the appropriate place to ask assembly questions regarding the card?  If so, are the dip switches normally open or closed for operation.  Trying to troubleshoot my assembled card

normally open.  See attached photo of where all the pin 1's are, etc.

IDE_complete.jpg

• Like 1

normally open.  See attached photo of where all the pin 1's are, etc.

IDE_complete.thumb.jpg.5000c15f0e1a4004fdcfd7e937d23197.jpg

The silkscreen indicates not to install c23. See it installed here. So install? I could not get card to respond to turn led on without boot switch flipped. So I have an issue. The regulator was getting pretty warm so I’ve powered it up with lab supply of 8 volts across the electrolytic cap and see current draw of about .34 amps. Is this about right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, klrw111-78 said:

The silkscreen indicates not to install c23. See it installed here. So install? I could not get card to respond to turn led on without boot switch flipped. So I have an issue. The regulator was getting pretty warm so I’ve powered it up with lab supply of 8 volts across the electrolytic cap and see current draw of about .34 amps. Is this about right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, install C23.  What DSR are you trying to install?  Fred's or the original IDEAL from Thierry?

a hi-res photo of your card would be nice to see.

.34 amps is about right i believe.  I have not measured it in some time so i woiuld need to check that again.

when you state the LED will not turn on, are you talking about the front LED or back LED?

I'm thinking about doing a video for assembling this card from start to finish.

Edited by Shift838

9 hours ago, Shift838 said:

Yes, install C23.  What DSR are you trying to install?  Fred's or the original IDEAL from Thierry?

a hi-res photo of your card would be nice to see.

.34 amps is about right i believe.  I have not measured it in some time so i woiuld need to check that again.

when you state the LED will not turn on, are you talking about the front LED or back LED?

I'm thinking about doing a video for assembling this card from start to finish.

I attached a photo as requested.  Thanks for your help and replying to my questions.

I used Fred's jpg of the card to orient the chips and the also used the IDETEST program on his page.  The LED test was the first step in the process (front LED).  

This was my first real attempt to build something with SMDs on this scale and probably not the best decision on my part.  Using .015 diameter solder and still got too much on the pads.     

I've reheated all the solder points and now doing a continuity check on the chips in the CRU logic

IMG_0432.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, klrw111-78 said:

I attached a photo as requested.  Thanks for your help and replying to my questions.

I used Fred's jpg of the card to orient the chips and the also used the IDETEST program on his page.  The LED test was the first step in the process (front LED).  

This was my first real attempt to build something with SMDs on this scale and probably not the best decision on my part.  Using .015 diameter solder and still got too much on the pads.     

I've reheated all the solder points and now doing a continuity check on the chips in the CRU logic

did you use flux when you soldered?  I typically will anchor a corner leg and use a no clean flux pen to flux the rest of the pins and hit them.  If you did not use flux and have some, then flux the pens and hit all your pins again.

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

did you use flux when you soldered?  I typically will anchor a corner leg and use a no clean flux pen to flux the rest of the pins and hit them.  If you did not use flux and have some, then flux the pens and hit all your pins again.

Just used the chipquik No clean flux core solder.  I will have to order flux as I just have rosin flux

3 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

the one I have been using with all the IDE boards is:

HERE

THANKS.  I've got one on order.  After reheating some joints, the front LED lights without the BOOT switch on, but the back one will not light.  I will wait on the flux before spending too much more time on it.

I decided to make a few quick videos of how this card is built.    It should answer most anyone questions of how to build the card.

I have uploaded it in 4 different parts on my YouTube channel HERE

Direct links below:

IDE Card Build Part 1 for TI-99/4A

IDE Card Build Part 2 for TI-99/4A

IDE Card Build Part 3 for TI-99/4A

IDE Card Build Part 4 for TI-99/4A

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

I may not like some of your pricing, but this was an excellent set of videos, thanks.

Well i tried to rectify the pricing with you and refunded you a partial on July 22.  

I am glad you found the videos helpful.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I have filled all orders except for 2.  So most of you should have received your orders or they are on their way to you.  If you have not seen any tracking information please let me know.  My site sends out all the tracking information once the order has been closed and shipped.

1 hour ago, Shift838 said:

I have filled all orders except for 2.  So most of you should have received your orders or they are on their way to you.  If you have not seen any tracking information please let me know.  My site sends out all the tracking information once the order has been closed and shipped.

I didn't even realize you had them done, let alone sent out orders.  I never heard anything

19 hours ago, Shift838 said:

All,

I have not seen mine yet. I am wondering if it's in one those USPS letter boxes I saw on TV :) 

Is there a tracking number with them?

• 4 weeks later...

I got my IDE-card today, as usual high quality from @Shift838.

I thought I had the right IDE to CF converter at home, but that wasn´t the case... had to order a new one and hopefully I have an IDE cable in my pile of cables.

So there will be a delay for my installation and see if I manage to make some partitions with my Geneve... anyone have some guidance on that process? ?? 

Thanks Shift838! 

3 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Did you figure this out?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Yes, we have been tracking it.  it shows it's in Canada finally...

September 13, 2020, 7:29 pm
Arrived at Facility
CANADA
Your item arrived at a facility in CANADA on September 13, 2020 at 7:29 pm.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Nice hey do you have any more stock? It came up in yesterday's zoom meeting and I thought you had done some extras

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

i believe I have enough to make a few more boards for the components.  I have extra PCBs as well.  I ordered 60 PCBs

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shift838 said:

Yes, we have been tracking it.  it shows it's in Canada finally...

September 13, 2020, 7:29 pm
Arrived at Facility
CANADA
Your item arrived at a facility in CANADA on September 13, 2020 at 7:29 pm.

The good people at Canada customs asked me to pay duties and taxes too. They even let me pay online now. :) 

It should be here Wednesday.  I will report in.

• Like 1