IGNORED

IDE Controller Group Buy POLL

Shift838

IDE Group Buy Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in participating in a new IDE Card Group Buy?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What type of package would you like ?

• Bare Board Only
    • Bare Board + components (you assembler/test)
    • Assembled and Tested
    • Components only
    • NONE
  3. 3. How many would you like

• 5+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, WhataKowinkydink said:

About how much is an assembled and test card going to be?  (Even a ballpark estimate is okay - I just spent 70$ on some gear). Thanks! 

I wanted to get this out there so everyone knows what they may be getting themselves into.

not sure yet for how much assembled and tested will be.  

I can tell you I have been getting prices from various electronic component distributors and prices have definitely changed since 2005 when this card was originally released.  A lot of the components are not made any more and cross-referencing for compatible components is timely.

I have found 3 different distributors that I can get components from, not all from one of course.  If i ordered components to populate one board then its about $115.00 before shipping.  This does not include the PCB. A PCB this size will require a setup fee from the PCB manufacture as well.    I have found some decent prices overseas for PCB manufacturing, but with shipping and all to get here it's about $35-40 per board with the setup fee, if I ordered 10 boards.  The more I order the more discount I get. 

I think we can all do the math and see this card is not as cheap as it was in 2005 to build.  many of the components have doubled or even tripled in price.

Disclaimer: Prices can change daily on Electronic Components and PCB manufacturing.  The above price is not guaranteed, but just a ballpark figure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 9:22 AM, unhuman said:

poll is busted because you can't say you want to buy 0

Well, really attempting to get people who aren't interested to answer a poll is the flaw. Instead of providing option for those who don't want, it should expect us to just not respond.

There should be an option to place a paragraph above the poll, to introduce it and provide instructions.

-M@

• Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 1:46 AM, Shift838 said:

I wanted to get this out there so everyone knows what they may be getting themselves into.

not sure yet for how much assembled and tested will be.  

I can tell you I have been getting prices from various electronic component distributors and prices have definitely changed since 2005 when this card was originally released.  A lot of the components are not made any more and cross-referencing for compatible components is timely.

I have found 3 different distributors that I can get components from, not all from one of course.  If i ordered components to populate one board then its about $115.00 before shipping.  This does not include the PCB. A PCB this size will require a setup fee from the PCB manufacture as well.    I have found some decent prices overseas for PCB manufacturing, but with shipping and all to get here it's about $35-40 per board with the setup fee, if I ordered 10 boards.  The more I order the more discount I get. 

I think we can all do the math and see this card is not as cheap as it was in 2005 to build.  many of the components have doubled or even tripled in price.

Disclaimer: Prices can change daily on Electronic Components and PCB manufacturing.  The above price is not guaranteed, but just a ballpark figure.

How far are you from a decision? Weeks? Months? Is the "bare board only" still an option? I know you have the Genie 2.0 project going too so it's a time jam I'm sure.

52 minutes ago, Swim said:

How far are you from a decision? Weeks? Months? Is the "bare board only" still an option? I know you have the Genie 2.0 project going too so it's a time jam I'm sure.

Spreadsheet is HERE

go populate it with what you want.  i'm hoping to get things ordered within the next month.

• Like 3