IGNORED

Missile Domination Issue

I recently acquired a CIB of Missile Domination. 
1. Intellivision 2 (with or without Intellivoice) works great

2. Intellivision 1 (without Intellivoice works great)

3. Intellivision 1 (with Intellivoice) graphic issues and crashes -images attached

4. Intellivision 1 (with Intellivoice) with game on LTO works great.  (ROM probably different than cart)

So you think it’s a problem with my Intellivoice and Intellivision 1?   I don’t have a 2nd Intellivoice to try.  

7A35F501-1031-4162-8486-F9721AA82196.jpeg

C4FC10F7-FAD4-4D23-ADC3-CD6FF765D2C3.jpeg

So, I recently had issues with my Intellvoice causing glitches and crashes. I the end it was assumed that it was because I had both an ealry model Model 1 intellivision and an early model Intellivoice (they did revise the hardware)

I changed my Intellvoice (whixh worked fine on a newer model 1 btw) for a newer model from serial number 2x to 6x and no more problems.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

Did you buy it directly from Rev? If yes, then when?

No.  An AtariAge user selling his collection. 

I should probably try to buy another Intellivoice. Probably try to get a boxed one.   Not sure if wife will let me bring anything into the house right now though.  ?  

Edited by Sinjinhawke

47 minutes ago, Bamse said:

So, I recently had issues with my Intellvoice causing glitches and crashes. I the end it was assumed that it was because I had both an ealry model Model 1 intellivision and an early model Intellivoice (they did revise the hardware)

I changed my Intellvoice (whixh worked fine on a newer model 1 btw) for a newer model from serial number 2x to 6x and no more problems.

My Intellivoice is 200453 and Intellivision 1 is 617396.  

If there's an issue w/ Intellivoice, I wonder if it's connector related. Have you tried other games, too? It'd be interesting to see if there's any pattern. E.g. does Space Spartans work fine? Do other homebrews with the more 'robotic' sounding voices also have the issue?

2 hours ago, intvsteve said:

If there's an issue w/ Intellivoice, I wonder if it's connector related. Have you tried other games, too? It'd be interesting to see if there's any pattern. E.g. does Space Spartans work fine? Do other homebrews with the more 'robotic' sounding voices also have the issue?

Yeah, this weekend hope to try all of them out.  Played them all in the past and never saw an issue until Missile Domination.

I have a version .9 of the ROM.   Is that the current release?  Is it even a legit ROM.  Not even sure where I got it.   

• 3 weeks later...

Newer Intellivoice arrived today.  Same issue on my Intellivision 1.  Garbled graphics and game freezes with the Intellivoice.  

I guess it’s an issue with the Intellivision 1 as the cart seems fine in the Intellivision 2.   I just hate playing with the INTV 2 controllers.  ?

Guess I’ll have to keep an eye out for another working Intellivision.  

A6C7B626-060A-4849-8E22-6ACEA481E09E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Newer Intellivoice arrived today.  Same issue on my Intellivision 1.  Garbled graphics and game freezes with the Intellivoice.  

I guess it’s an issue with the Intellivision 1 as the cart seems fine in the Intellivision 2.   I just hate playing with the INTV 2 controllers.  ?

Guess I’ll have to keep an eye out for another working Intellivision.  

Now you can use Freewheel's diagonstic cart/rom to see if an issue with the console is discovered.

41 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

Now you can use Freewheel's diagonstic cart/rom to see if an issue with the console is discovered.

Great minds think alike.  Tried.  No issues.   It’s me.  

I can’t have good things. <— drama llama moment. 

Was a ROM ever made available for purchase?

• Haha 1

Ok.  Thank you.  :)  I knew about the game vault but forgot Missile Domination was in there.  Senior moment.

On the bright side I have a backup Intellivoice and a nice Intellivoice box which I didn't have before.

Edited by Sinjinhawke
Added good thoughts
  • Like 2