IGNORED

Best quarantine two player games?

root42

I would say for serious competitive head to head action, Joust, Wizard of Wor, hockey or Warlords.

For light competition gameplay I would say try Fishing Derby.

For cooperative, Mario Bros (you can't bump-grief each other like in the arcade version).

This would be my short list anyways!

• Like 1

Yeah - ROM is on this site somewhere. It's a superb game.

There's the homebrew Gunfight as well which is a brilliant update of Outlaw.

But there's plenty of 2 player versus threads here.

There's a deluxe version of Kaboom! in the hack threads that has a 2 player versus mode - take turns controlling the bomber. It needed a bit more fine tuning as far as I remember - not sure if there's been more work done. 

Edited by davyK
  • Like 1

You may enjoy Cold War.  You can get the rom in the below thread.  Quick overview - put the cursor over one of the snowmen and press fire.  While fire is depressed you can move him.  Also, the status bar below him will continue to grow.  That indicates how far you will throw the snowball.  Once you release the snowball, you can't control that snowman as long as the snowball is in flight (you can go grab the other one).  First to 3 wins.  Ice walls and ice forts appear in the later rounds (you can move through your own fort).

• Like 1

Ok, I found the ROMs for Fall Down. Really nice little game. Seems simple enough to play with smaller kids as well. 

There was a homebrew on Zeropage a few weeks back... I remember two guys on an island, throwing bombs or something. Does anyone remember the title?

EDIT: found it. Tower of Rubble: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/286275-tower-of-rubble-2600-dionoid/

Edited by root42

14 hours ago, davyK said:

There's the homebrew Gunfight as well which is a brilliant update of Outlaw.

OMG, how could I forget Gunfight. It's one of my earliest homebrew purchases. My younger and I would play it for hours. He liked to shoot the hat of my cowboys.

Great game.?

17 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

OMG, how could I forget Gunfight. It's one of my earliest homebrew purchases. My younger and I would play it for hours. He liked to shoot the hat of my cowboys.

Great game.?

Gunfight looks neat. Looks even like from the era of earlier Atari games. Downloaded!

On 3/21/2020 at 2:37 PM, Trinity said:

Space War.:cool:

Under rated - I love Space War. We used to have a great time with that - my cousins, bro and I - stayovers - using the b&w TV in the bedroom :)

Was a great change from Combat.

Edited by davyK
  • Like 2

On 3/21/2020 at 3:05 PM, root42 said:

Ok, I found the ROMs for Fall Down. Really nice little game. Seems simple enough to play with smaller kids as well. 

There was a homebrew on Zeropage a few weeks back... I remember two guys on an island, throwing bombs or something. Does anyone remember the title?

EDIT: found it. Tower of Rubble: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/286275-tower-of-rubble-2600-dionoid/

Two guys on an island throwing bombs, that must be Cannonhead Clash by @bluswimmer

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...