IGNORED

Songbird website overhaul

Songbird

• 4 months later...
On 3/25/2020 at 3:23 PM, Songbird said:

That's correct for the regular controller: you can move and fire independently, but have to use the keypad for firing. 

when u fire, the player strafes while moving- so when you have to turn around or in another direction to fire- u have to stop firing, face the enemy and then open fire. am i correct? 

On 3/28/2020 at 5:29 PM, Machine said:

Hey Carl-

I am trying to order a few Jaguar lapel pins, but shipping says international for $20. Is that correct?

Thanks

Tom

Never mind, once I fill out USA it changes it.....sorry about that

Yeah that's what slowed me down from buying games on the redesigned website it said 40 buck shipping on an 80 dollar game, I couldn't do it, spending 80 range for me is high, but inline with current prices, $120 was to much, may want to have usa shipping come up 1st if it is $8, if their like me I didnt even fill out address after I seeing shipping cost, may be losing customers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

when u fire, the player strafes while moving- so when you have to turn around or in another direction to fire- u have to stop firing, face the enemy and then open fire. am i correct? 

This question is in reference to Total Carnage. Yes, the character strafes in the direction currently indicated by the fire button pressed, however you do not have to stop firing or change direction (don't have to "face the enemy") then start firing again. Firing and moving are completely independent. It's a really slick system and a lot of fun because there are so many enemies on screen at once. Tons of cool power-ups too. :) 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Songbird said:

This question is in reference to Total Carnage. Yes, the character strafes in the direction currently indicated by the fire button pressed, however you do not have to stop firing or change direction (don't have to "face the enemy") then start firing again. Firing and moving are completely independent. It's a really slick system and a lot of fun because there are so many enemies on screen at once. Tons of cool power-ups too. :) 

hmm. well then the controls in the online jaguar version is off- because check this, when firing north for example, when enemies show up on the west or south, i can't turn around to shoot at them while still holding down "fire." if i try to turn , the player moves down but with gunfire still firing in the north direction. i have to stop firing, spin around to face the south and then open fire again to hit the enemies coming from the south. 

it's not bad but takes time to get used to and also, learning where and how enemies approach is key to knowing what direction to get ready in. 

I don't know anything about an "online Jaguar version" of Total Carnage, as the game is only legally available in cartridge form as published by Songbird.

Also realize there are two shooting methods: the B button which is a fire button for your current direction, and the keypad buttons which grant you independent directional fire.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Songbird said:

I don't know anything about an "online Jaguar version" of Total Carnage, as the game is only legally available in cartridge form as published by Songbird.

Also realize there are two shooting methods: the B button which is a fire button for your current direction, and the keypad buttons which grant you independent directional fire.

i see. well i wasn't using the key pad, just the fire button. in that case, the key pad will definitely allow better firing maneuvers .

Edited by Jaguar 2000