IGNORED

Animal Crossing.... Wuh?

Shannon

Flick is like this reddish colored punk looking dragon that pays out heavily for any kind of bug.  Totally random when/if he appears as he's in that small rotation with a few other random pop up characters.  You may see him a lot or almost never if your luck sucks.  There's another who does the same for fishing too for example.

I just don't have the hours to invest into the game some do I guess, so I'd be lucky to pull down better than 100k in any given day usually probably 1/2 that.  I don't think I've had more than 400-500k in savings at any time.

• Like 1

Well, as an example I played for only an hour tonight and getting my bells out of my daily money tree, bells from my money rock, catching a few bugs and decent fish I make over 100k. And that was still spending 5000 bells to replace my shovel and fishing rod tonight. I also bought some clothes for my little avatar guy to change into. So again it really wasn't any work at all other than just the normal stuff I would do. I usually play for a bit long and if you visit mystery islands at all, that is another good way to get additional resources and catch more bugs etc.

So yeah some time investment is required but there is NO rush on anything in this game and it is very much a do it at your own pace casual experience.

here lately i've been playing AC towards the end of the day (about an hour before 9pm, when Able Sisters' shop close).

i usually bum around, do the rock thing, catch a few fish, do the swimming thing now, grab my fossils/sticks/weeds, check out the shops, see which NPC is out (it's never Redd) talk to my villagers.  my wife usually comes over and visits my island to buy all the clothes that her Able Sisters' shop doesnt have, lol.  The bonus is when there's a new month/season and i have some different stuff to add to my collections.

i enjoy it and don't feel like i'm forced to do it by the game or anything.  :)

Anyone else notice we didn't get KK this week due to the fishing tourney? Last time they had something going on Saturday, KK showed up the night before on Friday, but that didn't happen this week. Not sure what is up with that, but Nintendo keeps making changes to the game as evidenced by the version numbers in the upper right when starting the game.

**Update**

So K.K. is in town today but then we don't have the Turnip lady so this doesn't make any sense to me now. Why can't Nintendo come up with a plan on these crossing over events? It is simple.. CJ and Flick have no further purpose once 6pm hits on the Tourney days, so the should just pack up, leave and then show an animation with K.K. arriving as they leave at 6pm?

18 hours ago, Shannon said:

I saw the turnip lady and KK.  You sure about that?  I'll look again cause I loaded it this AM to see if my trophy's came in the mail.

Yeap...I was playing way before she normally leaves yesterday morning as was my wife and we never saw her wondering around. I did notice a small bug that was introduced in the 1.3.0 update that brought swimming in the ocean to us but Nintendo appeared to have patched it with 1.3.1. The bug was that frequently you would see your townies with the bubbles over their head or the little excitement sound and come over to you. You would talk to them etc and then just after that, you would see a message bubble above their head like there was still a problem with them but it would quickly disappear and not come back. Again, it seems they patched that little glitch with the 1.3.1 update. 

Also has anyone else gotten artwork from their townies? My wife received a painting from one of our townies stating they found it while doing some cleaning. Sure enough she was able to donate it and it was legit. But that has only happened once. I also find it funny when Redd appears and he has a painting or sculpture that is legit but you already have it donated? Interesting how there can be two of the same painting or sculpture that are both legit? In our case it has happened with the Sunflowers painting as I believe that one is always legit.

3 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Yeap...I was playing way before she normally leaves yesterday morning as was my wife and we never saw her wondering around. I did notice a small bug that was introduced in the 1.3.0 update that brought swimming in the ocean to us but Nintendo appeared to have patched it with 1.3.1. The bug was that frequently you would see your townies with the bubbles over their head or the little excitement sound and come over to you. You would talk to them etc and then just after that, you would see a message bubble above their head like there was still a problem with them but it would quickly disappear and not come back. Again, it seems they patched that little glitch with the 1.3.1 update. 

Also has anyone else gotten artwork from their townies? My wife received a painting from one of our townies stating they found it while doing some cleaning. Sure enough she was able to donate it and it was legit. But that has only happened once. I also find it funny when Redd appears and he has a painting or sculpture that is legit but you already have it donated? Interesting how there can be two of the same painting or sculpture that are both legit? In our case it has happened with the Sunflowers painting as I believe that one is always legit.

I had my clock set back from the day earlier so I could do the fish tourney in time ( I work a night shift ) so when I checked Saturday morning it was more like midnight time.  But I did see her walking around.  When I corrected the time, though, I don't think I saw her.

My wife has received a painting from townies.  I don't think I've run into duplicates yet.  But I did luck out one day with two original paintings and a statue!  So I was able to buy 3 items with my three characters that I have.

• 5 months later...

I have to admit i was avoiding this game.  I have sunk hundreds of hours into the N64, Gamecube, 3DS, and Wii iterations of Animal Crossing (skipped the Wii U "game") and was honestly kind of burnt out on the series.

Finally picked up a copy yesterday and man is it good.  I've put in 10 hours in two days (guilty pleasure, i'm on Xmas vacation) and it immediately struck me that this is the best game in the series so far by a long shot.  I was upset initially when Tom Nook handed me a smart phone (great) but it is simple and actually works and isn't intrusive to the zen nature of the gameplay.  The play style and game structure alleviates many of the issues that the series had perviously (shops are open 24/7, etc.)  I normally hate crafting and it's not too cumbersome in this game, it's even sort of fun. 

I have two young kids and wish they could start houses/games on my island like you could do in the Gamecube game, but i guess it's one save file per game now because of online? 

I worried not having Nintendo online might hamper my enjoyment of the game (personal preference, don't pay for online services out of principle) but it seems like you can get tickets to randomized islands to get other supplies/fruit/fish/bugs etc. without needing online. So...so far so good.

I should have picked this one up at launch i'm thinking!  But....better late than never; loving it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I have two young kids and wish they could start houses/games on my island like you could do in the Gamecube game, but i guess it's one save file per game now because of online?

Girlfriend and I have our houses on the same island in the same game, no problem at all. Do your kids have their own account on the Switch? Because saves are tied to the account.

Haven't touched the game in quite some time...we played for a few weeks, but just haven't been drawn to it for some reason. Not sure why.

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2020 at 1:46 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

Finally picked up a copy yesterday and man is it good.  I've put in 10 hours in two days (guilty pleasure, i'm on Xmas vacation) and it immediately struck me that this is the best game in the series so far by a long shot.  I was upset initially when Tom Nook handed me a smart phone (great) but it is simple and actually works and isn't intrusive to the zen nature of the gameplay.  The play style and game structure alleviates many of the issues that the series had perviously (shops are open 24/7, etc.)  I normally hate crafting and it's not too cumbersome in this game, it's even sort of fun. 

The shops once upgraded to have set hours in the game. Only for the time being while you earn those initial nook credits etc. are they 24/7. But yeah eventually they go to normal operating hours of like 8 - 10am and 9 - 9am for the Able Sisters clothing store.

My wife and I have played this game pretty much every single day since it was released and have not managed to finish off the fish, bugs, and fossil collections for the museum legit with out any time traveling involved. As a result we just finished up the bugs this month once the dung beetle became available. Now just working on the art gallery which, between my wife and I will take a bit longer since Redd is so random on when he shows up and there have been really long stretches of him not appearing. 

As for the way the game works, the first person to start the game and create the initial island is the main resident and has control over most of the initial construction options later on. Other players are simply residents that have houses and can only contribute bells towards projects but not actually determine where buildings and things will go. Eventually though everyone will earn enough to have terraforming ability and at that point all residents can reshape the island as they see fit.

If you have other people in your household that want their own islands, it will require each to have their own switch and copy of the game as the islands and their saves are tied directly to the switch hardware itself. That is my one main issue with the game is that it doesn't allow for different islands on the same copy of the game. And if you want to visit any of the additional islands that your friends might have created, or to visit the mystery islands (Pretty much required to get additional resources quickly), then you will have to shell out for a Nintendo online account. I opted for the family plan as that was the cheapest annually for the amount of people that can each have their own accounts online.

15 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

My wife and I have played this game pretty much every single day since it was released and have not managed to finish off the fish, bugs, and fossil collections for the museum legit with out any time traveling involved.

Not sure, but I think we finished the fossils already.

Don't think I've ever finished the fish/bugs/art in any of the games.

That is my one main issue with the game is that it doesn't allow for different islands on the same copy of the game.

For the DS and 3DS games (and maybe the N64 original?), it wasn't feasible, since there was only so much save data the cartridge could hold.

Not sure if NH saves to the cartridge or the console.

And if you want to visit any of the additional islands that your friends might have created, or to visit the mystery islands (Pretty much required to get additional resources quickly), then you will have to shell out for a Nintendo online account.

You don't need an online account for the Mystery Islands.

9 hours ago, Asaki said:

You don't need an online account for the Mystery Islands.

Then that is a new development from when it was first released because the game would NOT allow us to use our nook miles to visit the mystery islands without being able to go online and the game itself even told us we had to have an online Nintendo account at the time. So I can at least tell you for a fact it was required in the beginning when it was first released. Because I didn't want to have to pay for the online account, but that was the only way the game would allow my wife and I to go anywhere off the island. Well maybe Harv's was available but we never go there.

There are things we really like about this version of the game and things we don't. As an example, flowers no longer die due to not watering them. They just live forever it seems and as a result we now have to routinely REMOVE lots of new flower buds each day we play because we there just isn't that much open space otherwise. We also had to remove some trees about a week ago so that snow balls would actually form as prior to this they weren't showing up anywhere on our island for the first two days they should have. So it would be nice to know sometimes if you have too many of something like trees etc. If I hadn't gone online to find out why were weren't getting any, I wouldn't have known it was do to the amount and spacing of the trees we had planted. We also had to remove a lot of the paving we had set in place for walkways etc. again due to not enough space for snowballs to form. 

The other things I miss is there aren't any snow paths when you have rolled up the snowballs as there used to be and I kinda miss the townies not visiting our houses as they did in the last version nor do they invite us specifically to come over. 

Also while on occasion a towny might have an item they have lost, only the primary island resident gets these quests it seems as I've yet to ever find a lost item to give to townies. Townies still get sick, but only the first person to play each day will have the ability to see that and give them medicine. In our case as I work during the day and my wife works part time currently, she is always the one to do this since I cannot play until the evenings. So it would be nice for the game with its restrictions regarding the residents and everyone having to share a single island per game per switch. That it would randomize some things so that one person logging in might have a towny that is sick whom wasn't earlier in the day and things like that. Also we kinda miss the hide n seek game which appears to have been removed from this version as well. In fact, the townies seem to do less in regards to player interaction as compared to games past. Although the actions the townies follow on their own is more varied at least. Things like them sitting, eating different things, interacting more with each other etc.

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Then that is a new development from when it was first released because the game would NOT allow us to use our nook miles to visit the mystery islands without being able to go online...

Dunno. We've been playing since July, and all we ever needed was a ticket.

On 3/30/2020 at 12:17 PM, digdugnate said:

that's cool to hear the tips on wasp catching- i hate those little bastards.  i did get one today to put in the museum- what i had to do is run and get a good distance away so i could swing my net.  the net preciseness is kind of a gripe of mine, but a minor one.

Way old quote, but just hold net and shake the tree from the center/bottom. When the wasps fall your net will always be in perfect position to catch immediately.

Nook tickets shouldn't need internet. To visit anyone else yes. Maybe you needed a game update?

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 9:06 PM, Schala said:

I love this new installment. I like the updates. I've been playing since the GC version. I'm hooked.

I skipped the Wii one. I love this one too. The only thing I dislike is the characters seem to have less personality.

The terraforming of the island is great as I would hate how my island layout would be sometimes.

• Like 2

I usually take breaks between my play sessions- I just get burnt out after a while.  Mrs. Digdug, on the other hand, plays her two islands constantly; then when she gets bored she just starts over using my island to ferry her stuff around.  :)

I've really enjoyed ACNH over the last year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

I usually take breaks between my play sessions- I just get burnt out after a while.  Mrs. Digdug, on the other hand, plays her two islands constantly; then when she gets bored she just starts over using my island to ferry her stuff around.  :)

Yup I'm on a break right now. When summer picks up I will be hunting for beetles and sharks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

How do you have so many islands?  Do you have more than one Switch?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zzip said:

How do you have so many islands?  Do you have more than one Switch?

She has two Switches- Switch and Switch Lite. (The Switch Lite is used for all her doctor appointments/etc)

If you own digital copy of the game, you can play on either as a separate island but not at the same time, and you can't send stuff to the other island.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

She has two Switches- Switch and Switch Lite. (The Switch Lite is used for all her doctor appointments/etc)

If you own digital copy of the game, you can play on either as a separate island but not at the same time, and you can't send stuff to the other island.

We do have a digital copy, but have a shared island with my daughter, even though she has her own Switch Lite.   Everything I've read said you can only have one island per switch, how do I play on a separate island?

• Like 1

I'm impressed some of you keep plugging away.  I've nearly never gone back, haven't at least in 6months I don't believe by now.  Nothing ever changes other than some new bugs/fish during a season and that's just not that wow to me to care.  There have been some events but again, maybe I'm just not the kid demographic, or someone who only considers that their single or next to single game experience they want to devote to.  I've been considering selling it, probably would if my kid didn't own it in case she needs me to pop on for some reason.  Same can be said for Pokemon Shield as Ultra Sun is 10x the game that one ever will be.

• Like 2