stephena

Stella 6.1 released

yeah I've noticed a difference in the picture quality from Stella 6.0 to 6.1, on my Win7 32-bit PC - the screen default size is bigger (good) but the graphics look grainy (not good), is it supposed to be this way? or do I need to change a setting @stephena?

image.png

Looks like scanlines are turned on.  Go to Video -> TV Effects and turn the Scanlines Intensity bar all the way to the left (until it says 'Off').

• Like 1

Hi there!

I just wanted to say that I love 6.1, Kudos to Stephen and the Stella Team! :) But I do have a question - is it possible to change the snapshots that the UI shows for each game? Id love to be able to change this to box art. Im sure its an easy change, but Im not so great at figuring stuff out sometimes!

Thanks!

It's not difficult, just a bit of work.  First of all, Stella only supports loading PNG files, so if you have JPEG or some other format, you need to convert to PNG.  There are image converters that will do mass conversion for an entire directory of images, so that isn't really a problem.  Second, they have to be named a certain way.  Basically, download the snapshots.zip file from Stella's webpage and look at the names.  Simply replace each one with your own box art version, and it will work fine from there.

So the real work is in collecting all the images, and naming them accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks very much for the info!  I seem to have a bit more time on my hands these days to tackle that project! As always, you are awesome!

20 hours ago, stephena said:

Looks like scanlines are turned on.  Go to Video -> TV Effects and turn the Scanlines Intensity bar all the way to the left (until it says 'Off').

Thanks that worked! I wonder why it (6.1) had 35% when 6.0 was off......

3 hours ago, Tifany said:

Hi there!

I just wanted to say that I love 6.1, Kudos to Stephen and the Stella Team! :) But I do have a question - is it possible to change the snapshots that the UI shows for each game? Id love to be able to change this to box art. Im sure its an easy change, but Im not so great at figuring stuff out sometimes!

Thanks!

snapshots???? In Stella? I've seen them on MAME, but not Stella (unless its on the AtGames Atari Flashback 9 and/or X consoles)

Hi

and like others said GREAT Work on this and I am getting a Retron 77 delivery says tomorrow so I will  say thanks ahead of time for that port of Stella!!

And hope all are safe and hangin in there

Mike

On 4/7/2020 at 7:46 PM, Arenafoot said:

snapshots???? In Stella? I've seen them on MAME, but not Stella (unless its on the AtGames Atari Flashback 9 and/or X consoles)

Look at Options -> User Interface -> Launcher.  Then play around with Rom info width and the corresponding Image path.  Finally, download the snapshots from the Stella webpage and point the path to those snapshots.

• Like 1