IGNORED

Stella 6.1 released

stephena

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, unit3uk said:

I'm having an issue with Stella 6.5.3 crashing when starting the emulator.  Stella 6.0.2 is the last release that works for me. Pictures attached.

stella1.jpg

stella2.jpg

Newer version of Stella requires Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 or higher which it can be downloaded from Microsoft, Stella 6.5.3 already has files included in zip file. Hope that will answer yours..

I have the no-intro collection in the ROM directory, but the ROM paths aren't configured yet. CPU usage is about 16%.  I do remember the earlier releases after 6.0.2 crashing when I selected the ROM path in the options.

Edited by unit3uk
Need to add more information

5 hours ago, unit3uk said:

I think that might be it.  I tried the Stella on a different laptop with no ROMS and it didn't crash. Thanks.

More like it's one of many binay files (either A26 or Bin) from ZIP is causing Stella to crashed, try load 1 file at time until you find file which it cause stella stop working. Or unzip ZIP file into folder and try again..