IGNORED

Rapid fire 2.0

grips03

On 4/2/2021 at 7:25 PM, Gummy Bear said:

Damn these look sweet! 

I'll definitely be picking one of these up at some point. 

I've been meaning to grab a repro Pro controller for a while, might as well get one of these RF beauties. 

I sell via eBay as well, which might be easier for UK.  I think I have 4 or 5 controllers left for sale.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Just want to say I finally got around to installing one of the two kits I ordered on a Starwander Pro Controller. Been busy with other stuff and was scared off a bit by all the warnings about the fragile ribbon cable. It did look about as strong as a twist tie, but I was very ginger with it, and got through the mod without snapping the cable. I wanted to thank @grips03 for making such a clean mod with very thorough installation instructions. Even though I didn't have all the recommended size drill bits, I compensated by rounding down and enlarging stuff when needed using a thin round file. Everything came out looking very clean IHMO. The screws that secure the PCB on the back of the controller match the color of the controller almost perfectly. A few pictures:

sw_pro_modded-1.thumb.jpg.8670e45109639374b2417a65f55274a4.jpg

sw_pro_modded-2.thumb.jpg.107c1367497ed55916f9ec2e4b1053a0.jpg

Given how well this went, I'll probably install the second kit in my other Starwander controller soon. I was going to do it in a regular controller so I'd have one virgin pro controller left, but the aesthetics are so clean I don't really care about that now. I'd rather have two full-featured controllers ?

Oh, and a little testing confirmed Zero 5 and Raiden are much more relaxing games after this mod.

• Like 3

Glad it worked well.  The other game rapid fire made more fun for me was Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy as I was able to make it further in the game and see more of it.

I usually install the led on the outside of the top case.

IMG_4714.jpg.465887b32885ccbcea87c92e03dfa2ae.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...