IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection - 40th Anniversary Edition

PacManPlus

Very impressive.  Too bad I'm so horrible at Pac-Man games!  Even so, would love to add that to my collection!  I'm another one keeping my eye on the XM module release too.  I hope there are enough to go around for all of us!  :-)

• Like 2

Bob that is a great looking cart.  Seeing as you are going to be the first to publish directly for the XM I wonder if there will be a common cart / box theme among all XM games? 

I think it would be interesting to see the spines of the boxes or the background of the cart pic or something be unique to the XMs.

I would guess however if a game was XM enhanced vs XM required would be an issue... 

I wonder if Albert was thinking about this sort of detail, he usually is a few steps ahead of most on production.

In any case I am just really happy to be seeing the fruits of all of the labor people have been working on!

Thank you again for being part of our community, its you devs that make this hobby really fun in my opinion!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I may be doing something wrong, but I decided to check out how this most recent WIP sounds in a stock 7800. So I booted up the most-recent A7800 emulator build, selected a standard console (e.g., no XM installed), then selected today's cart .A78 from the menu. Cycling through the menu options creates what seems like a stuck sound that never stops or changes until you start the game. Actual game sounds seem okay (usual TIA sounds). Restarting, enabling the XM module and then loading the game, the menu sounds great and works as expected. Can anyone confirm, or do I have something busted in my A7800 emulator installation?

• Like 3

I was about to report the same thing.  I'm using ProSystem, so this may not be emulator-dependent.  I also ran into another issue.  Pac-Man/Ms.Pac-Man goes through fruits instead of eating them, particularly if a ghost is eaten right before. 

• Like 2

I was thinking about Donkey Kong XM when I wrote that, but I was thinking that came with a Pokey installed, I had forgotten that it was also programmed to use on an XM system without the chip as well.. that is a good point you made there!

It would be nice however see a uniformity of the games... I personally like the way the XE did cart uniformity, something inspired from it, perhaps with different colored frames and a bigger picture in the middle might be nice, but that is just an opinion.

image.jpeg.27ffd0f0b89c397f0e52f9945bea6aca.jpeg

Of course since I am daydreaming I would love nothing more than some gate folded boxes much like the ones Opcode Games used for a few of the games they published.

image.jpeg.d24787806d99cdc29dfb65b5c7b78223.jpegGradius by Opcode | Retro gamer, Video game console, The hobbit

XM games are special and I think having a nice set of beautiful boxes would do the efforts of the hardware and software devs proud.

In any case even if the carts didn't even come with a box at all I am still super grateful that they exist at all! Ha Ha..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

I wonder if Albert was thinking about this sort of detail, he usually is a few steps ahead of most on production.

I don't really want to pigeonhole designers into a specific template just for games that include XM support.

4 hours ago, RevEng said:

It's a good point. There's an "Atarivox Enhanced" logo, that can be used on boxes and cart designs, or even just in the AA store. Similar logos for "XM Enhanced" and "XM Exclusive" (or whatever) would be great.

I'd prefer to go this route.

..Al

• Like 5