IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 5 - TRON Deadly Discs

[ Intellivision HSC Season 12 ]

(Game 5)

TRON: Deadly Discs

Mattel-Tron-Deadly-Discs.jpg

TRON: Deady Discs by Mattel 1982

tron_deadly_discs.gif

Our hero, TRON, is locked in battle against the Evil Blue Warriors.

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21634/intellivision/TRON-Deadly-Discs-1981-Mattel.html

High Score Club Record

7,560,700 cmadruga (speed 1 record set)

NEW DISC RECORD!

7,865,700 mr_me (disc record set)

Game Setting

PRESS KEYPAD 1 (SLOW SPEED) or DISC SPEED (TOUGHER)

Game ends,
SUNDAY NIGHT APRIL 5TH 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES)

Press 1 (Slow speed) or DISC (toughest fastest)

1. 7,865,700 mr_me (disc record) [+11]

2. 7,560,700 cmadruga (speed 1 record) [+10]

3. 4,915,700 IntyFanMatt [+9]

4. 1,673,450 BiffMan [+7]

5. 1,568,000 dpisacane [+6]

6. 1,233,600 Ace24 [+5]

7. 1,101,950 wolfy62 [+4]

8. 393,350 JasonlikesINTV [+3]

9. 340,100 JacobZu7zu7 [+2]

10. 290,600 gezkc [+1]

11. 95,750 fakecortex [+1]

12. 89,400 Intelligentlemen [+1]

13. 13,250 PlayerOne [+1]

14. 2,900 roadrunner [+1]

15. 900 jblenke [+1]

Rankings

1. gezk [+35]

2. BiffMan [+28]

3. IntyFanMatt [+27]

4. Player One [+19]

5. wolfy62 [+18]

6. dpisicane [+16]

7. JasonlikesINTV [+14]

8. m-crew [+13]

9. JacobZu7zu7 [+12]

10. mr_me [+11]

11. Intellfan [+10]

11. fakecortex [+10]

13. cmadruga [+9]

14. hoosierdadee78 [+7]

15. Intelligentleman [+5]

16. jblenkle [+4]

17. S.BAZ [+3]

18. t0spmad [+2]

18. roadrunner [+2]

18. Mister-VCS [+2]

21. Ace24 [+1]

Games Won

2 - BiffMan (Atlantis - Demon Attack)

1 - mr_me (Lock N Chase)

1 - gezkc (Burgertime)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

47 minutes ago, gezkc said:

I'd never played this game before!

I've just tried it on the slow setting and it's really  good fun. I've not tried it on a faster speed yet though. Is it much better? 

Disc speed is the only way to go on this game.  It's basically "normal" speed.  Anything less than that is just too slow.  Waiting for Jacob to respond since I don't think we should be playing it on slow speed at all.

• Like 2

This is a tough game to play with a keyboard! (Too many buttons for a modern controller to feel right). It really takes advantage of the Intellivision controller for sure. I mapped out my keyboard to best resemble the keypad and it's gonna take some practice...

Edited by fakecortex

36 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Which is why we should just play it at disc speed.  It’s what everyone plays it at anyway.

I play tested the Disc/Normal and also the 2nd fastest speed (Slow) I found them to both be challenging with Slow a bit easier for beginners, and its easier to kill Recognizers, also this game has a better slow setting then Night Stalkers crawl.

Quick note:

There's going to be a 2nd game starting to alternate for rest of the season, as to speed up our game selection a bit with still consisting of 2 weeks a game.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Which is why we should just play it at disc speed.  It’s what everyone plays it at anyway.

I tried on disc speed and it is noticeably faster, but can't say 'slow' is unplayable. 'Slowest' (3) is definitely unplayable. ?

Just now, JacobZu7zu7 said:

I play tested the Disc/Normal and also the 2nd fastest speed (Slow) I found them to both be challenging with Slow a bit easier for beginners, and its easier to kill Recognizers, also this game has a better slow setting then Night Stalkers crawl.

Quick note:

There's going to be a 2nd game starting to alternate for rest of the season, as to speed up our game selection a bit with still consisting of 2 weeks a game.

Sorry, I feel that it should be on disc speed. I don’t know anyone that plays it on a speed less than that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Quick note:

I'm down with trying on slow.  You're the boss and it's all about trying out different things, right? ?

Looking forward to alternating games, thanks for that! 

5 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

I tried on disc speed and it is noticeably faster, but can't say 'slow' is unplayable. 'Slowest' (3) is definitely unplayable. ?

I think disc speed is the normal speed for this game and what it’s meant to be played at. I don’t see the point in playing it any slower than normal. This game has ALWAYS been played on disc in the HSC for that reason. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

29 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Jacob, can we have the option to play it on disc speed if we want to?  Wouldn’t be any advantage.  You ok with that?

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Sorry, I feel that it should be on disc speed. I don’t know anyone that plays it on a speed less than that. 

I as well,have only ever played this game on disc speed. Great call!

I was very happy to see this game chosen regardless, but disc speed is the most fun way to play the game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I as well,have only ever played this game on disc speed. Great call!

I was very happy to see this game chosen regardless, but disc speed is the most fun way to play the game.

Absolutely right!  I don’t know why anyone would want to play it at any other speed. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

16 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Absolutely right!  I don’t know why anyone would want to play it at any other speed. 

Because he asked us to and it's different? ?

I've played a bazillion times on disc speed, never before on slow.  Doing something new in a 38 year old game is nice. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Because he asked us to and it's different? ?

I've played a bazillion times on disc speed, never before on slow.  Doing something new in a 38 year old game is nice. 

Could try it. But would still be good to have the option to play it on disc speed if we want. 

11 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Could try it. But would still be good to have the option to play it on disc speed if we want. 

It's still the same game right?

No matter what speed you play on it doesnt affect your score.

Plus,the disc is faster and actually may be considered the hardest version.

If you want to play that speed,that should be fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wolfy62 said:

It's still the same game right?

No matter what speed you play on it doesnt affect your score.

Plus,the disc is faster and actually may be considered the hardest version.

If you want to play that speed,that should be fair.

Agreed. It’s the same game. Just faster. Should be able to play it that way too. 

17 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Agreed. It’s the same game. Just faster. Should be able to play it that way too. 

I have no problem with that.  As long as you can put up with the crushing despair of knowing you ducked a challenge.  The challenge of maintaining your focus on the slower playing speed! Woo! WOOOOOOOO! WOO. Woo? 

Seriously though, perhaps we make future such challenges 'slow (1) or faster' in the interests of pleasing folks while not excluding those new to the game who might benefit from the slower speed? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

I have no problem with that.  As long as you can put up with the crushing despair of knowing you ducked a challenge.  The challenge of maintaining your focus on the slower playing speed! Woo! WOOOOOOOO! WOO. Woo? 

Seriously though, perhaps we make future such challenges 'slow (1) or faster' in the interests of pleasing folks while not excluding those new to the game who might benefit from the slower speed? 

Lol!  I agree with that. Allow the games to be played at a slower speed AND faster for the more experienced players if they wish. 

• Like 1