IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 5 - TRON Deadly Discs

49 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Agreed, that's always best. Most of my early deaths come from being cocky and rushing a dude who still has his disk. 

As an aside, isnt the sound of a dying recognizer the best thing ever?   ?

Yes it sure is. I also love the smashing sound of a blocked disc. Wait...I believe that’s the same sound!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yes it sure is. I also love the smashing sound of a blocked disc. Wait...I believe that’s the same sound!

Same sound in the hit, yes, but also love that short-circuit buzzing noise the recognizer makes as it goes off screen.  For me, two of the more memorable sound effects across all the games. 

Aside from maybe the dragon roar when it pounces you in Cloudy Mountain... That still freaks me out. ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

Same sound in the hit, yes, but also love that short-circuit buzzing noise the recognizer makes as it goes off screen.  For me, two of the more memorable sound effects across all the games. 

Aside from maybe the dragon roar when it pounces you in Cloudy Mountain... That still freaks me out. ?

Absolutely.  And let's not forget the greatest video game sound ever....the sound at the end of AD&D when you pick up the Crown of Kings to win the game.  I jack up the volume on my TV every time that happens.  lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dpisacane said:

Actually had a reasonably good game, for once. (For me, at least.)

235,80072cb32a0a65c3ee1a20e38e75cb45ad0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It's definitely not proportionate with the way score scales, so being able to survive those first rounds under 20k points is key.  100k and above is the sweet spot where you're harder to kill and points are plentiful.  

• Like 2

Here we are arguing over using one vs two controllers and here's this guy using two consoles [emoji16]
Ha! Yeah, I got that System III off eBay a while back. It looked perfect, practically unused, but when I tried to play it, nothing worked at all. I tore open the controllers and cleaned them. Then I tried to clean out the cartridge port as best I could, but still nothing.

So, every once in a while I get it out and see if I can get it working, and today I actually managed to get it going! The controllers are actually really sharp and responsive. It's a wonderfully pleasant surprise. [emoji3]

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, dpisacane said:

Ha! Yeah, I got that System III off eBay a while back. It looked perfect, practically unused, but when I tried to play it, nothing worked at all. I tore open the controllers and cleaned them. Then I tried to clean out the cartridge port as best I could, but still nothing.

So, every once in a while I get it out and see if I can get it working, and today I actually managed to get it going! The controllers are actually really sharp and responsive. It's a wonderfully pleasant surprise. emoji3.png

Nice! I wonder what the heck was wrong with it, but if it works it works ?

10 minutes ago, gezkc said:

Yes I did - thanks for posting it. 

I just need more practise I think!

Main thing is take your time. Make them miss (don't stand in one of the 8 directions from them, unless trying to block) then close in for short range shot while their disk is returning. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, gezkc said:

I think that's where I'm going wrong - I'm being impatient and rushing in when I should be waiting and making them miss. 

I'll get there! ?

And use those doors to your advantage to avoid and strike those enemies, plus you regain health when you walk through them!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1