IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 5 - TRON Deadly Discs

??

I forgot what to do to the orange guys when they came out....

I love this game because when you do something great like take three enemies out with one throw,its an incredible feeling.

Or making 3 great shots in a row in different directions if you get surrounded. 

So much fun!

20200326_192952.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

One great tactic when you get a higher score is keep one enemy alive until another comes out so you dont have to defeat a recognizer.

Buuuut....the recognizer is 100k points when you get to that point!  Tough call, but you will build your score faster when you destroy recognizers.  

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, gezkc said:

Slowly improving (slowly being the operative word!) 

DSC_0153.JPG

Nice! Doesn't really take much for your scores to grow quickly at that point. Just a couple rounds away from 100k, and from there, you get 10k per kill, 50k per fast round clear, and 100k per recognizer! 

• Like 4

This game sometimes feels like one of those dreams where you try to run, but you can't move your legs properly! 

The number of times I've tried to reach a door and it's been like Tron's running through quicksand! Slowdown is quite bad at times (that's my excuse anyway!) ?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The second hit really slows you down.  Be very carefull with the brown discs.  One hit from a brown disc counts for two.

I guess that's me not reading the instructions properly again! I didn't realise it was supposed to slow down. ?

2 hours ago, gezkc said:

I guess that's me not reading the instructions properly again! I didn't realise it was supposed to slow down. ?

You start out with 3 hits to kill you, and slow down with each. At 20k and 100k points each, you get another hit to a max of 5.

The bulldogs and guards also slow down when you put hits on them, but everyone else is either full speed or de-rezzed. 

• Thanks 1