IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 5 - TRON Deadly Discs

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

Nice! Getting above 100k is where it gets fun. Lots of enemy variety, 10k per kill, 5 hits to kill you, etc. Good stuff if you can adjust to the AI being stronger. Avoid those heavy disks at all costs! ?

Thanks. It's definitely a nice feeling when the scores suddenly start going up! Must be fun when you get into the millions! 

Deadly Discs is a really good game. That's the great thing about the HSC - it introduces you to games you may have missed or wouldn't have tried otherwise. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mr_me said:

Isn't intyfanmatt's score a hsc record for disc speed.

Isn't speed 1 slower for the whole game?  How is the recognizer easier, the paralyzer probe is slower but so are you.  I suppose it's easier having more time to react but the game difficulty is otherwise the same.  There are intellivision cartridges that do have true difficulty levels not just game speeds e.g. AD&D, Sub Hunt, Space Battle.

Its definitely the same game.  Nothing is easier or harder.  That was my whole point as well.  The exec just slows down the game by 25% when you press 1, that's it.  Jacob please consider this.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

8 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Its definitely the same game.  Nothing is easier or harder.  That was my whole point as well.  The exec just slows down the game by 25% when you press 1, that's it.  Jacob please consider this.

I'm fine with you getting the record for disc speed as long as I get the record for speed 1 play.  It takes extra concentration to maintain focus and not get bored in speed 1.  ?

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I noticed he already updated the description to say both are accepted.

Isn't the matter settled? Even though he seems to be ranking everyone together. I think that's ok.

Game Setting

PRESS KEYPAD 1 (SLOW SPEED) or DISC SPEED (TOUGHER)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

I noticed he already updated the description to say both are accepted.

Isn't the matter settled? Even though he seems to be ranking everyone together. I think that's ok.

Game Setting

PRESS KEYPAD 1 (SLOW SPEED) or DISC SPEED (TOUGHER)

We are referring to the overall club record, not the specific game scores in this season.  Don't think the club record discussion is settled yet, Jacob hasn't responded since yesterday, particularly to mr_me's questions relating to the records.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Its the same game with Night Stalker and some others which we played here on slower speeds, it just means more time to plan or move out of the way... why else would they have made these modes for ?

I figured, since Stalker has a record for every setting but slowest, I didn't think 1 slower for TRON was a huge change to play, but now the disc speed is also accepted as well, as experts in the game don't notice any real difference.

I feel like I'm repeating the same story here.

19 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Its the same game with Night Stalker and some others which we played here on slower speeds, it just means more time to plan or move out of the way... why else would they have made these modes for ?

I figured, since Stalker has a record for every setting but slowest, I didn't think 1 slower for TRON was a huge change to play, but now the disc speed is also accepted as well, as experts in the game don't notice any real difference.

I feel like I'm repeating the same story here.

Jacob, there seems to be some disagreement since mr_me made the comment that it is the same game by stating this in a previous post: "Isn't speed 1 slower for the whole game?  How is the recognizer easier, the paralyzer probe is slower but so are you?"

So I see what he is saying...slowing it down doesn't make it any easier because you are also that much slower.  I trust his comments as he is an expert with Inty programming and how the system works.  Personally, I don't mind what happens to the score or where it goes at this point.  I don't feel the desire to play the game on a slower speed than disc speed, and I know that's not what you chose for this one, so it's up to you and I accept that.  But I think you may want to answer mr_me's questions that he asked you in the previous page.

I'm done commenting on this.  Thanks again.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

15 hours ago, mr_me said:

Isn't intyfanmatt's score a hsc record for disc speed.

Isn't speed 1 slower for the whole game?  How is the recognizer easier, the paralyzer probe is slower but so are you.  I suppose it's easier having more time to react but the game difficulty is otherwise the same. 

Its not a record until the game time ends this next Sunday at midnight est, but it very well could be leading right now, the last 2 seasons Tron was played I wasnt moderating, so I cannot be 100 percent sure. Likely its in lead.

Its easier to play, as you kinda answered your own question, more reaction time to escape the discs (even if slower yourself) and prepare for the recognizer. Same with Night Stalker youre slower and your bullets, but more time to think and move.

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Jacob, there seems to be some disagreement since mr_me made the comment that it is the same game.  Slowing it down doesn't make it any easier.  I trust his comments as he is an expert with Inty programming and how the system works.  Personally, I don't mind what happens to the score or where it goes at this point.  I don't feel the desire to play the game on a slower speed than disc, and I know that's not what you chose for this one, so it's up to you.  But I think you may want to answer mr_me's questions that he asked you in the previous page.

I'm done commenting on this.  Thanks again.

I didn't initially have Disc play open, but it is now open as a players choice, which has been done before here at HSC's.

I responded twice relating to records, on one of the the previous pages days ago,...

will include disc speed for records and bonus stuff next season

We are going to set a record for Press 1 game for Season 12 because (nothing recorded yet) but, you have to play in Press 1 setting to earn that.

BUT !, MODERATOR NOTE:

Since we're playing both 1 and disc both at same time, both will be open for setting new records ?

This should be good for everyone playing and submitting high scores. Yes I changed my mind now, because I'm including disc and press 1 in same high score point table.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Thanks Jacob, really appreciate all the work you've been doing.  The HSC is a highlight of my week now that I know about it and this site, so can't thank you enough!  ?

I second that. Thanks for all your work Jacob - it's much appreciated. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I defeated a recognizer! Man, this game has been the bee's freakin' knees over here, but I just wasn't able to get a good handle on it. Once I started lasting longer and utilizing the doors, things picked up pace.

20,300 Press 1 speed

989737402_TRON-DeadlyDiscs2020-03-3117_47_12.thumb.png.45db798800773a54383c5f4f3bb079e2.png

Congrats!  Once you get the hang of it, it's remarkably intuitive and crazy fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I defeated a recognizer! Man, this game has been the bee's freakin' knees over here, but I just wasn't able to get a good handle on it. Once I started lasting longer and utilizing the doors, things picked up pace.

20,300 Press 1 speed

Keep going with it, the game is awesome!  Once you exceed 100k the game takes off even more and it's so fun and challenging....and very addictive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gezkc said:

Thanks. It's definitely a nice feeling when the scores suddenly start going up! Must be fun when you get into the millions! 

Deadly Discs is a really good game. That's the great thing about the HSC - it introduces you to games you may have missed or wouldn't have tried otherwise. 

Very well said what makes the HSC,great.

I couldn't have said it better! ?

• Like 2