IGNORED

Archiving documentation/Disc

jpjodoin

Hi guys,

I bought a huge collection of 8-bits Atari back in 2004. I never really got the time to try everything, but now, I have a baby, way less time/space and I decided to sell the Atari 8-bits collection (will only keep a 800XL, a 1050 and few carts/floppy). I have used Atari Age to get more information on some of the stuff I have, and there is some documents I have that I have not seen anywhere, so before I sell them, I would like to archive any document that is not available and make them public. I wanted to know where I should submit the resulting PDF and also where I should check for existing documents ? I have seen http://ftp.pigwa.net/ and http://www.atarimania.com . Are those the two biggest document repository ?

Also, I have an insane amount of floppy disk, if I stumble on anything that's not public, what should I acquire to dump them, an sio2sd ?

I attached a picture of the collection before I start selling and some of the documents that seem interesting. I still have a lot to sort.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe

doc1.jpg

collection1.jpg

• Like 1

That’s a nice collection, but a baby is even nicer! Thanks for Archiving before selling! For non-protected software archiving, sio2pc-usb or 1050-2-pc are the cheapest and easiest options if you have a PC around as image file handling is even easier than on SIO2SD, SDriveMax, etc. 

Please let us know where/when you sell. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will take a look at archive.org and will make sure I add them on this forum also.

@rockdoc2010 : already sold the Atari 820 a few weeks ago. Believe it or not, but even though it hadn't print for 25+ years, I sent a few lprint and it print right away. The ink was still a bit pale, but still readable. 

@slx: Thanks. 10502PC looks awesome. I have some items up here https://www.ebay.ca/sch/attic_fresh/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= . You can save my as a seller to be notify on my new ads (already sold some interesting items, but I have still have a lot). I will probably take a break of eBay for a few month with Covid-19 to avoid going out to the Post Office (things are moving fast here in Québec), but it will only give me more time to archive properly the interesting stuff and prepare more ebay ads once things becomes a bit more normal again. And I agree, a baby is even nicer :)

@Sugarland: Actually, it's one of the reason I hold on to a lot of stuff, as a fan of history, computers, video games, I want all of this to be preserved for the future. Took me quite a while to decide on selling them. I was hoping to find a computer museum in the Montreal area where I could donate, this way I could go and visit it, but there is no such thing in the area. Anyway, better in someone else collection than in my closet :).

Edited by jpjodoin