IGNORED

Atari ST game hard disk adaptations - making it better

http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd2.php

Currently 1298 titles on page, and that's way more than I ever imagined that will do. I did recently new batch, mostly because this worldwide epidemic situation - to do something useful and constructive while sitting home.   The things are that there is really not much decent game left, what is worth to deal with and spend little to lot of time .

What I see as worth to focus on now is:  validating, verifying what is already done. So, testing those games where no 'C' or something else in column Val.

Testing should be: for work on different platforms, especially on TT and Falcon - except if there is - (minus) in those fields for. Most of it was tested by me on Mega STE, and if works on it, works most likely on 520 ST (expanded to 1 or more MB) , 1040 ST(FM), STE , Mega ST ...  TOS version is not so crucial because some 65% works under HAGA, HAGE with special modded TOS 1.04 in RAM.  More problems to expect with some hard disk drivers. And because age of our Ataris.

What needs more time is testing for completeness and is it playable until end, finale. Cheat options are great help for that.

I plan to release single file compilation of all tested, validated adaptations. Lot of people asked for being able to DL all it as single archive. While I asked over years for more testings ?  I think that we can have best thing if can work together:  single archive with well tested, validated hard disk adapted games.

So, if have some time, still passion for old Atari ST(E) games, and of course needed HW - although emulators can serve too, or some MIST and like ...  Play those adaptations which are not validated, and give feedback - here or in e-mail ( petari@8bitchip.info ).   It should include HW on what is played/tested (exact Atari model or emulator),  RAM size, used hard disk driver SW, TOS version (launcher will indicate it) .

If this will work, I'm ready to make first 'V-ed'  compilation of let's say 500 titles as soon as possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now that I've got my Mega STe back up and running, I'll be going through the games I have,

time notwithstanding, shared between work, family, life, etc.  :)

If you've got extra time on your hands <nudge, nudge, wink, wink> how about adapting the

Phantasie RPG games (there are 3 of them), and Legend of Faerghail?

I don't remember seeing them on your impressive list of already converted games. (if they

are, apologies).

Thanks, and thanks again for all the hard work on these wonderful games!

6 hours ago, DarkLord said:

Now that I've got my Mega STe back up and running, I'll be going through the games I have,

time notwithstanding, shared between work, family, life, etc.  :)

If you've got extra time on your hands <nudge, nudge, wink, wink> how about adapting the

Phantasie RPG games (there are 3 of them), and Legend of Faerghail?

I worked on Phantasie 3 earlier, and somehow it got forgotten (probably because move). Will look for those, but not so soon.

And pls. don't turn this in game wish thread - there are other ways and places for that ...

13 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I worked on Phantasie 3 earlier, and somehow it got forgotten (probably because move). Will look for those, but not so soon.

And pls. don't turn this in game wish thread - there are other ways and places for that ...

My apologies, never meant for that to happen - should have PM'ed you instead.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:03 AM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd2.php

Currently 1298 titles on page, and that's way more than I ever imagined that will do. I did recently new batch, mostly because this worldwide epidemic situation - to do something useful and constructive while sitting home.   The things are that there is really not much decent game left, what is worth to deal with and spend little to lot of time .

What I see as worth to focus on now is:  validating, verifying what is already done. So, testing those games where no 'C' or something else in column Val.

Testing should be: for work on different platforms, especially on TT and Falcon - except if there is - (minus) in those fields for. Most of it was tested by me on Mega STE, and if works on it, works most likely on 520 ST (expanded to 1 or more MB) , 1040 ST(FM), STE , Mega ST ...  TOS version is not so crucial because some 65% works under HAGA, HAGE with special modded TOS 1.04 in RAM.  More problems to expect with some hard disk drivers. And because age of our Ataris.

What needs more time is testing for completeness and is it playable until end, finale. Cheat options are great help for that.

I plan to release single file compilation of all tested, validated adaptations. Lot of people asked for being able to DL all it as single archive. While I asked over years for more testings ?  I think that we can have best thing if can work together:  single archive with well tested, validated hard disk adapted games.

So, if have some time, still passion for old Atari ST(E) games, and of course needed HW - although emulators can serve too, or some MIST and like ...  Play those adaptations which are not validated, and give feedback - here or in e-mail ( petari@8bitchip.info ).   It should include HW on what is played/tested (exact Atari model or emulator),  RAM size, used hard disk driver SW, TOS version (launcher will indicate it) .

If this will work, I'm ready to make first 'V-ed'  compilation of let's say 500 titles as soon as possible.

Thank you for all the hard work you are doing to put these games onto our hard drives.

• 2 weeks later...

You have done a great job with doing all of these games, seriously :) Please keep up the good work.

If you can afford the travel costs, please think about visiting in person to the Sillyventure Atari demo party which is being held in December in the city of Gdansk in Poland.

Check out http://www.sillyventure.eu to know more about this event :)