IGNORED

7800 game with best TIA SFX/Music?

Geoff Oltmans

• 2 weeks later...

Retail... I do like the atmospheric effect of the music provided in Midnight Mutants, including several different tunes, as well as many of the sound effects produced.  The opening to Dark Chambers is good as well, although there is no background melody playing throughout.  The in-game sound effects suffice very well too.  Arcade ports considered, Joust is good and Centipede very good, in capturing very similar sound conversions to their Arcade counterparts, but both are just sound effects.

Homebrew... Froggie does an amazing job in sounding (almost) as good as POKEY in mimicking the Arcade; especially, the various melodies played throughout.  I enjoy Super Pac-Man in the way TIA is utilized as well; it sounds excellent most, if not all, of the time.  Astro Blaster and Frenzy(Berzerk) are quite good too, but those are sound effects only, just like the Arcade originals.  T:ME Salvo is simply awesome. An original melody opening theme that just slays, fantastic sound effects, and even some 'classic' melodies - after you unlock Santa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1