Sign in to follow this  
Geoff Oltmans

7800 game with best TIA SFX/Music?

Jinks' opening tune and interludes are pretty groovy! And that's about the nicest thing I have to say about the game.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Theallknowingsause said:

I really like this sound demo using the tia chip, but it's technically not a game, but still impressive!

Sorry, but that one's a pokey demo.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, Theallknowingsause said:

I really like this sound demo using the tia chip, but it's technically not a game, but still impressive!

POKEY.  I did that one, although the A7800 emulator doesn't nearly do it justice.

Retail... I do like the atmospheric effect of the music provided in Midnight Mutants, including several different tunes, as well as many of the sound effects produced.  The opening to Dark Chambers is good as well, although there is no background melody playing throughout.  The in-game sound effects suffice very well too.  Arcade ports considered, Joust is good and Centipede very good, in capturing very similar sound conversions to their Arcade counterparts, but both are just sound effects.

Homebrew... Froggie does an amazing job in sounding (almost) as good as POKEY in mimicking the Arcade; especially, the various melodies played throughout.  I enjoy Super Pac-Man in the way TIA is utilized as well; it sounds excellent most, if not all, of the time.  Astro Blaster and Frenzy(Berzerk) are quite good too, but those are sound effects only, just like the Arcade originals.  T:ME Salvo is simply awesome. An original melody opening theme that just slays, fantastic sound effects, and even some 'classic' melodies - after you unlock Santa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GoldenWheels said:

I always thought the non-pokey Beefdrop sounds great.

It does, and even that flat note is somehow endearing, in a cringe-ful kind of way.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1