IGNORED

Has the COVID-19 hysteria increased your TI-99/4A time?

Omega-TI

COVID-19 and the TI-99/4A  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Has the COVID-19 hysteria and/or stay at home orders allowed you more time to enjoy TI-99/4A related activities?

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hasn't increased it so much as it's justified it better.  I was doing a lot of TI-99 coding and video creation in the evenings as it was.  So I don't think I've gotten *more* productive with my TI-99, now that I'm home all the time. 

And I think given a lot of folks here are going to be IT people who can work on (professional) projects just as easily from home, we aren't necessarily going to be any less busy, if we're working from home.  Heck, I was busier than usual, for the first couple days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pixelpedant said:

And I think given a lot of folks here are going to be IT people who can work on (professional) projects just as easily from home, we aren't necessarily going to be any less busy, if we're working from home.  Heck, I was busier than usual, for the first couple days. 

Same boat. Working from home. But I have more new stuff to do for the house, and I'm getting maybe one evening a week for personal computing.  

• Like 1

I also already work from home 95% of the time anyway.  With the thing being blown way out of proportion (as far as I'm concerned) My TI time has been reduced as i have to keep things running for everyone else that is WFH for my company.  

• Like 2

Working from home last 2 weeks, New Zealand about to go into full lockdown w/state of emergency as of 11:59pm tonight for 30 days. Am actually finding am working longer as people with flexible hours now have different work schedules.

I did look at my xdt99 config for my "Thrust" game code couple of days ago, so fingers croseed

Edited by palmheads

7 hours ago, palmheads said:

Am actually finding am working longer as people with flexible hours now have different work schedules.

I have to put my foot down on this.  As people work from home and flex their hours, I still maintain my same hours and schedule.  I have learned over the years a regular schedule is the only way I can maintain a healthy life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I get about an hour and a half back, as I don't have to commute. But my retro space had to give way to become the workspace. And then come 5 o'clock, and I don't want to be in there, anymore. 

I also make sure I ignore co-workers until 9am... And present to my family as busy so the whole time doesn't turn into fixing things that didn't matter before. Although becoming more aware of that stuff eats up more weekend time. 

-M@

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

my retro space had to give way to become the workspace. And then come 5 o'clock, and I don't want to be in there, anymore. 

After a week of WFH, My family helped clean out my corner completely, organizing everything thoroughly.  We joined (circular saw, drill) two IKEA desks (with backs) together. Plus installing two monitor arms for work. So now my personal stuff and monitor goes on one end, and I really like my corner behind the desks still. 

we have a not very big 1954 house, extra room added in the 80s, so “corner” is what I get.  

Outside of my walled off corner are the kids’ desks. School is closed through Apr 13 or longer, so I put on headphones a lot!

Last night I got electronics set up on the personal end, and began testing the 9958 card. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Vorticon said:

This is NOT hysteria. Please educate yourself for your sake and the sake of those around you. We are only at the tip of the iceberg unfortunately...

Agreed!

I am spending more time using my ti99 than usual now, but that is because my kids are using Plato every day to do math now that the schools are closed.

• Like 3