IGNORED

Has the COVID-19 hysteria increased your TI-99/4A time?

Omega-TI

COVID-19 and the TI-99/4A  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Has the COVID-19 hysteria and/or stay at home orders allowed you more time to enjoy TI-99/4A related activities?

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Now all of a sudden after I was just doing fine, gardening, watching the birds, then all of a sudden 75 Miles north of me is a new hot spot, Louisiana. Omg. Nothing likes Louisiana! Nor where I am.. come on, leave me tfalone! Keep that mess over there...up there, I guess I better Dawn on my raincoat, put on a gas mask check the oxygen level in my tanks.. 

Here it comes...

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

netops/secops here, im WFH but it's hardly a vacation.  longer hours enabling folks to telework that don't plan well, and making sure our network doesn't buckle under the mass of humanity.

Word.  I am taking this opportunity to move more customers in my "cloud" and rebuilding the infrastructure to support such a move.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2020 at 2:38 PM, Vorticon said:

This is NOT hysteria. Please educate yourself for your sake and the sake of those around you. We are only at the tip of the iceberg unfortunately...

To true.

New York has ~36,000 cases and in 3 days it will 72,000 and in 6 days it will 144,000  and 3 days after that 288,000 and so on for about a month based on what I see in Italy's numbers.  Once the hospital capacity is reached (today) death rates begin to climb.  Italy today hit 10% if Wikipedia is correct.

Listen to Dr. Vorticon.  Stay home, wash your hands often, thoroughly top and bottom, and finger nails and don't forget your thumbs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This poll is combining 'same time' and 'less time' options into NO. I would have chosen the latter if it had been available. For me, working from home makes me work longer hours, which reduces the desire to work on hobby projects in the evening. But I will try to do something TI related this weekend. ?

Edited by Asmusr

It is a massacre in Italy, Spain, and we France it happens, Germany for now is that where there is less dead.
Pay attention to yourself, it does not laugh if you already have health problems.

15 more days of confinement, until April 15 at least

Jean louis live to France

• Thanks 2

My "day jobs" are stand up comedian (instantly zeroed out my work/income), and selling online from my garage (still doing okay so far, but not liking what I'm hearing about the ability of USPS to cope with this crisis).  Used to a lot of home time when I'm not traveling, but KNOWING you can't leave is a lot different than CHOOSING to stay home.

I have an artificial heart valve and my daughter is special needs/medically fragile, so I'm inside for the duration with her.  My wife is in banking and my son works at a grocery store, so they're both going full tilt, stripping down and showering the second they get home, etc.  We're doing what we can.

I've been trying to segment my time and get some serious coding in this year anyway, with mixed results.  I'm sooooo stupidly close to releasing a new game and I can't wait to get to work on the next one, and I'm launching a podcast (hopefully next week) that's just me doing walk-throughs of classic text games, so that's some welcome escape from the real world into some wonky old maps and legends.

I hope you'll all treat this with the respect and caution it deserves.  The curve is flattening despite our imperfect measures.  In a 'hot zone' it's going to seem like nothing until it's not, and things will escalate quickly.  Americans seem to have a hard time with this, but just ask anyone in NYC or New Orleans.  I know a lot of us aren't spring chickens and I want us all here for a long time to come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1