IGNORED

Has the COVID-19 hysteria increased your TI-99/4A time?

Omega-TI

COVID-19 and the TI-99/4A  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Has the COVID-19 hysteria and/or stay at home orders allowed you more time to enjoy TI-99/4A related activities?

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've a lot of time now, to work on a new project.  However, unfortunately, I keep getting distracted/bothered/disturbed/poked/prodded/prompted by various members of this household and so no project can reasonably start at all.  I don't know what it is but since this outbreak started everyone in this house got more annoying by about 25 percent.  I am intending to do something though, sometime, if I can.

• Like 1

Ugh... I give up... that is supposed to have sound, but apparently does not work anymore.  *sigh*  Anyway, it's from "Monsters, Inc." The big blue guy yells "I could have died!  I could be DEAD!" then the pink guy slaps him and says "Keep it together, man!!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2020 at 4:23 AM, wierd_w said:

Indeed. Set up a room. IT IS FOR WORK. NOTHING ELSE.

Adhere to that. All will be well.

When you make the space shared, bad things happen.

Tell that to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. All home spaces belong to her--and all living things in them must follow her demands or cease to be living things. . .she is ornery that way.

• Like 2

Being in lockdown is a true test of compatability...that is a fact. Nerves are being tested, patience is being tested.  Cheryl had a She Shed.  Now we are all up in each other all the time...not in a good way...LMAO.     Space man..space......   

I've been home for a month with my daughter.  My wife's bank is rotating people one week on, one week off to minimize exposure and have backups in case people need to quarantine or get sick.  She just spent the last week home, with nothing to do.  She's endlessly supportive of the weird things I do with my life, and I love her very much, but let's just say I'm very happy she's going back to work tomorrow.

Starting to finally carve out some good coding time for myself, though!

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 10:01 PM, humeur said:

It is a massacre in Italy, Spain, and we France it happens, Germany for now is that where there is less dead.
Pay attention to yourself, it does not laugh if you already have health problems.

15 more days of confinement, until April 15 at least

Jean louis live to France

Unfortunately you're completely right ... I'm from Milan in Lombardy (Italy) ... I call this moment "the Soft Apocalyse" but it's real and true ... here the lockdown is still complete (almost until begin of May ... as governament stated) only in this week the number of infected/death seem to be stabilized but to much early to say it ...

Now ithis plague is turning around the world ... please  keep safe and stay healthy at your houses the only way to stop the tsunami 

take care

Francesco  

On 4/16/2020 at 4:30 AM, Ksarul said:

Tell that to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed. All home spaces belong to her--and all living things in them must follow her demands or cease to be living things. . .she is ornery that way.

So there again were some new words for me to learn :)

But google wasn´t able to translate it, but gives an example..

Google knows the truth !!!!!  :D

grafik.thumb.png.42f066205496581b97c0656bce2333ea.png

Edited by Schmitzi
  • Haha 1

Much less TI time, much more time worrying, doing some repairs, cleaning etc.

Maintain social distancing
Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
World Health Organization

Droplets: Breathing 2 meters. Coughing 5-6 meters. Sneezing 7-8 meters.
Smaller than droplets: Implications of this are huge ...
Dr. John Campbell

where to stay at home, I hear The Boss   ? ?

https://www.radio.de/s/springsteen

and hope that he visits us next year in Germany and lets us forget Corona

tomorrow JERSEY 4 JERSEY Benefit Show

https://brucespringsteen.net/

I hope I can find it  on Youtube, in Germany I can't see the Show

Edited by Flottmann1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, mizapf said:

No Oktoberfest this year. The Oktoberfest has been cancelled by the Bavarian government and the Mayor of Munich today.

If a Fest West had been planned it would have been a major bust this year.

2 hours ago, RXB said:

...so my time on TI99/4A is limited to a few hours, when before it was over 10 hours a day.

Ten hours a day?  Holy Bovine Batman!  I've not had that much time on my TI in the past three months... COMBINED.