IGNORED

How Do I Fix The Jitter On My C-100?

Magmavision2000

I have a C-100 that has some jittering on the right paddle. I'm not really familiar with repairing paddles (I tried to fix some 2600 paddles, but melted the case), so as long as it doesn't involve chemicals that could destroy the plastic or soldering, I should be able to do it. if not, it's not really a big deal since I rarely play it.  

ideally disassembling the pots and cleaning with rubbing alcohol

the additional challenge with most of the pong consoles is the pots are soldered directly to the circuit board and to open the shell there is a Holt type security screw. Also the first time removing the knobs is kinda tough ... a hair dryer to expand the knob on the shaft is helpful

Having said all this ... I have gotten rid of jitters on pong consoles by vigorously moving the knob back and forth within the range of motion on the screen. 

the pots in these early units have a carbon contact that slides over the resistive plate. moving them back and forth kind of resurfaces that contact

• Thanks 1