IGNORED

MILF

dely

The idea for MILF - Medium i'd Like to Format - was born from the need to copy few sectors from one disk to another. Sending a specific configuration to a disk drive was also useful for me.

The program can send the most popular configurations to the device, copy selected sectors, create the operation log and later save it to disk. If you have patience, you can even use it to copy entire floppy disks, if you have at least two drives (this will not change, because the memory instead of the buffer is used to write the log of operations). You can also set automatic behavior when encountering errors, etc.

milf.atr milf.xex

Edited by dely
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dash_rendar said:

Looks good. Testing this Weekend. Any Chance to making it "local", eg german, english, francais, espanol a.s.o.? maybe with a transl.dat or so?

Of course. I can provide list of messages displayed by the application.

Hi Dely,

I've been using it for several hours now, over multiple disks and I have a couple of suggestions for you if you plan to update in the future.

When wanting to copy a single sector, if I could leave the end sector blank and just hit return it would save typing it in again.

If the maximum number of retries could be increased or possibly a continuous option that can be aborted. I find most bad CRC sectors can be recovered eventually, but it can need hundreds of retries (this is after disk cleaning and trying multiple drives).

Great utility. Thanks

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...