Sign in to follow this  
Swami

Amico predecessor for Wikipedia?

Wikipedia says the predecessor to the Intellivision is the “Intellivision Master Component”. Is this correct? One of the reviewers claims there is no predecessor to the Amico since there was 30 years and spotty changing of companies in between, especially 1992-2003-ish. 

What is the predecessor to the Amico? Also, is this the "Intelivision Amico" or the "Intellivision Entertainment Amico"?

Back to the first question: "Intellivision console", "Intellivision Master Component", "Intellivision Super Pro System"? Apparently a few of the "Super Pro Systems" were, in fact, Tutorvisions.

Could you call it the "Mattel Intellivision" because it was manufactured by two or three different entities?

• Like 1

I thought Amico is the spiritual successor to the Wii.

The Intellivision console is the Mattel Intellivision because they created it, promoted it, and made the vast majority of them.  If you want to call the ones INTV made, INTV Intellivisions, be my guest.

Wikipedia use to say the hyperscan was the successor.  In my opinion the successor to the Intellivision is the unreleased Intellivision IV.  The Intellivision III was cancelled before the Intellivision IV.  There's too much of a disconnect to link the Intellivision to Amico or Mattel to Intellivision Entertainment.  And I know they own Mattel's Intellivision IP and have a couple of guys that worked at Mattel Electronics.

It's all subjective.

The Intellivision Master Component was the full name for the original model Intellivision. It was named as such to distinguish itself from the promised 'Keyboard Component', which only saw limited release. I do not believe the Intellivision II has the Master Component moniker associated with it.

• Like 1

Definitely called the Intellivision Amico (not Intellivision Entertainment Amico).

• Like 3