J-Data

TIPI in a Speech Synthesizer Housing?

On 5/13/2020 at 9:50 PM, INVISIBLE said:

Shame they are so expensive. ☹️

I could see spending $50 for a NOS PHP1500 just to have an absolutely perfect example for a collection but I can’t imagine there is a market at $150, especially when you have a case of them (48) to unload.

First two beta units sent out today.  More next week.  Hoping to get some good feedback.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, J-Data said:

First two beta units sent out today.  More next week.  Hoping to get some good feedback.  

Ordered the inexpensive mouse for this unit.  It should arrive on June 2nd, but I promise feedback ASAP! 

You know, I've had a video planned for my "portable system" for over a year, but something always seems to get in the way of filming it.  First I was waiting on something, then I got busy, then the weather turned bad, and now all this social distancing stay at home garbage.  But now that I'll have this gadget, I think the video will be better and more informative than I originally planned. 

• Like 1

@jedimatt42 was kind enough to let me contribute my TIPI/32K HW design to his TIPI github repository.  You can find the Schematics/PCB/SMT design and manufacturing files, and the one-off CPLD derivative design and JEDEC files there.  It currently has the V0 version, but I'll upload V1 once I've received and tested that build (hopefully tomorrow).   Still planning to make some CPLD enhancements, and some PCB design for manufacturing improvements, but current design is surprisingly good to build as it is. 

https://github.com/jedimatt42/tipi/tree/master/hardware/tipi-speech

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The cheap mouse arrived and it works just fine with Stuart's Internet Browser.  With this in mind, are there any cool URL's that could/should be highlighted in a video?  As time allows I'm getting the portable unit setup and ready for the "TI Road Trip" video and with any luck should be filming in the next week or two.

1494997652_CheapMouse.thumb.JPG.c5bca2ce8f76200dc267b554c5afd07e.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, INVISIBLE said:

With this in mind, are there any cool URL's that could/should be highlighted in a video?

I think @jonecool’s ti99 web page is one of the best as is myti99.com.  All the ones in the proper ti99 markup that I’m aware of are listed in this thread.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, INVISIBLE said:

The cheap mouse arrived and it works just fine with Stuart's Internet Browser. 

You really have to try TI artist with the wireless mouse too.  The cursor is so responsive its almost unbelievable from a 40 year old system.  It does take a special driver on the TI artist disk to use the TIPI mouse, but it should already be set-up on the SD card I sent ( DSK1=DSK.INSECTBOT in the TIPI disk definition I think and then launch extended basic).

• Like 3