IGNORED

Twin Stick interest

grips03

Here is Twin Stick interest thread. 

As of now it will work great for Total Carnage.  It will have rapid fire (to be built) for Raiden.  It might have a second port for JM's Robotron like game.

I have 5 cases.  But might make more depending on time/interest.    Final price is not known, best guess is $200 to 300.

Please post here so the other thread stays on topic.

Expressed interest:

machine

TrekMD

orpheuswaking

Saturn

Kobra Kai

twoquickcapri

sdrake

Iwantgames:)

Rick Dangerous

Hyper_Eye

Stage_1_Boss

IMG_9466.jpg

• Like 7

Hey-

I really like the artwork, but it is alittle busy. One minor suggestion if you don't mind.....Could you lose the artwork of the guy on the left and move down the Jaguar logo into it's place(maybe title it slightly to match console)?

I just like the less cluttered look but either way it is great.

On 3/27/2020 at 12:14 PM, Machine said:

Hey-

I really like the artwork, but it is alittle busy. One minor suggestion if you don't mind.....Could you lose the artwork of the guy on the left and move down the Jaguar logo into it's place(maybe title it slightly to match console)?

I just like the less cluttered look but either way it is great.

Do you mean tilt it like how "Jaguar" is on the console?

30 minutes ago, grips03 said:

Do you mean tilt it like how "Jaguar" is on the console?

Yeah tilted like the Jaguar console, maybe with the yellow 64-bit dots under it.  Not a big deal......just was wondering how it would look.

Edited by Machine

For the Twin Stick I'm thinking to add rapid fire for B button only as it matches what the games actually use and would help keep cost lower.

One thing I'm looking for feedback on is how rapid fire (RF) should operate.  I'm thinking to add an RF led when it's on and turn off the led when RF is off.  When the Twin Stick is first turned on it will operate in normal mode.  RF will have 5 settings (5-9 cycles per second).  You press RF button once for 5 CPS, then press once more for 6, then 7,8,9.  If you press RF button after 9 CPS it goes back to normal mode / no RF and the RF led turns off.  So you would need to remember if you pressed the RF button 1,2,3,4 or 5 times.  Make sense?

I could add a seven segment display and display 5,6,7,8,9 or nothing if RF is off.  Adding seven segment display would cost ~$20.  Do you think that would be cool or just a waste of money?

seven.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I'm interested!  I think the LED is a great idea.

I too would ditch the bright graphics for a simpler design with just the Jaguar Logo featured prominently.   Thanks!

There will likely be two choices.  Black with Jaguar logo and button labels and the one above.

• Like 1

Count me in! I'm curious if the overlay buttons still work while offering a second joystick support or is there a switch to toggle between overlay buttons and the second stick?

Looks like it would be good for other arcade-like games, Raiden, Ultra Vortek, etc...

I'm thinking it will support one joystick port only, it would add too much cost for two joystick ports.  The keypad is the stock keypad and all overlays and buttons work just like on the stock pad.  This is more of a pad hack than anything.  I should say a pad hack with rapid fire and maybe a seven segment display to display RF speed.

• Like 3