IGNORED

Twin Stick interest

grips03

I'm having trouble finding a panel mount 7-segment display.  I might need to use a red led like I'm doing for the Jag rapid fire 2.0 kit.  Using the led indicator will reduce cost and I'll be able to ship the Twin Stick sooner.

• Like 3

One issue all Twin Sticks will have is that the stainless steel top can be seen around the edge of the overlay.  The overlay artwork/sticker is hand cut by the guy who makes them and depending on the day its slightly too big, too small, or just perfect. 

Plan is to place rapid fire led to the left of PAUSE text or to the right of OPTION text.  Which looks better?

I like RF led left of Pause text.

Twin stick can be purchased with left hand movement or right hand movement.  So in the right hand movement case the RF button moves to the other side.  Make sense?

For Raiden rapid fire joystick use:

You can see where RF button goes.  So left hand is on left joystick.  Right hand on B button.  Left hand can press the RF button during game play with a finger.  RF button will look like all the other buttons, 24mm Seimitsu.

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4431.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

• Like 1

Price is going to be $300 + shipping

Base controller case is used, all other parts are new. 

Top panel is made from 304 stainless steel

Custom TC arcade overlay, at this time there will not be an alternate/less busy overlay. 

Movement joystick can be on the left or right, this is the 1st joystick (Seimitsu LS-33)

2nd joystick (Seimitsu LS-33) comes with Octogate or square gate.  Octogate helps to keep a certain direction in Total Carnage game.

Comes stock with Jag RF 2.0 for button B, 5-9 cycles per second

(6) Seimitsu 24mm push buttons

(2) black 30mm balltops

Does not support twin sticks for use with Lamatron game.

Please confirm you still want to order.  Starting to ship in ~4 weeks.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Ouch, how hard would it be for us to modify it?

You would add a second Jaguar game controller PCB with its db15 cord.  I'll check to see if there is space for it.  The problem is that is not how the Total Carnage works, so you would also need to add a switch to select which input the 2nd joystick is connected to based on the twin stick game you are playing.  Namely the first controllers keypad or the second controllers d-pad.  Its shame Lamatron did not do what Total Carnage did as the Total Carnage joystick configuration makes for a less complex device which is cheaper, requires less hardware, less cabling, uses less ports on the console, etc. Total Carnage came out first, so the controller template for a twin stick game was already there.  Missed opportunity.  Now if someone said they wanted 50 Twin Sticks a pcb could be produced to do this, but for 1-5 Twinsticks its just makes no sense unless someone wants to pay for the development of it.  Dev cost would be around $400 and then each twin stick would be around $40 more than it already is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1