IGNORED

Gateway to Apshai on XEGS?

lmarkeh

2 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

I'm fairly certain that all 8-bit cartridges should play on the XEGS, and all XEGS cartridges should work on all 8-bit machines, assuming they have the right amount of memory of course. I can't with 100% certainty though.

I know Gateway to Apshai was fine with only 16KB, used to play it on my 600XL.

• Like 1

many large carts work on the 16k machines.

the cart memory is mapped to an upper area of what the CPU addresses - above that of the 16k system RAM. the CPU is none the wiser

i tried a bughunt cart on my 400 and it worked fine. i was puzzled for a wee while until i found out how it actually functions

• Like 1

Though it would involve cracking the case and replacing the ROM, there is a patched version Demon Attack 

As for Gateway to Apshai, there's one in the AtariMax 8Mbit compilation attached.

But there is also the Temple of Apshai Trilogy cart that @Shawn Jefferson created.

Randy's 8 MBit Multicart #2.car Temple of Apshai Trilogy (1mb maxflash image allows game save).car demon_attack_xl.bin

Edited by Wrathchild
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, invisible kid said:

Inserting cart wasn't the smoothest, and it took a couple of attempts to get a good insert, but it appears 100% functional. Let me know if you have any further questions.

IMG_0504.JPG

That's great to see. Thanks for checking that out Invisible kid, and thanks everyone, for the feedback!

• Like 1