IGNORED

Oh no! I've lost my voice!

cvga

It wasn't too long ago that my youngest son and I were playing our Intellivision with games like B-17 Bomber and Bomb Squad. Recently we were playing TNT Cowboy and Anthropomorphic Force (AF). I didn't realize that AF can use the Intellivoice until just a couple of days ago. We wanted to test it out but I can't find the Intellivoice! I've looked all over but it hasn't turned up. May have to go to eBay to pick up another (I'm sure I'll find it then).

Ugh

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:07 AM, Zendocon said:

Luckily they're pretty easy to find and not too expensive.

Well I've looked long enough and in all of the places I thought it might be hiding. The good news is that I went ahead and bought another one on eBay.

I should have more good news in a day or two as I'm sure my original one will come out of hiding now that another is on the way ?

• Like 2

I know this is the most boring story ever but the missing Intellivoice took an unexpected turn last night. I've been going through some boxes of video game stuff I haven't looked at since we moved to this house almost 15 years ago and found my spare Intellivoice in a box of extra controllers. I didn't even recall that I had a spare Intellivoice.

This all started because I found out that AF "talks". I had to chance to play and was excited to see what it says. I think it says things like "shields", "power up" and "barrier" when you pick up the blocks that sometimes appear after shooting an enemy. Very cool game like all of the KAI Magazine games. I'm playing TNT Cowboy now.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 10:04 PM, cvga said:

My Intellivoice was delivered today. The old one can now come out of hiding any time lol.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:15 AM, cvga said:

I know this is the most boring story ever but the missing Intellivoice took an unexpected turn last night. I've been going through some boxes of video game stuff I haven't looked at since we moved to this house almost 15 years ago and found my spare Intellivoice in a box of extra controllers. I didn't even recall that I had a spare Intellivoice.

I'm happy to report that the original Intellivoice has been found alive and well! Evidently I had inadvertently set him in a box with a bunch of spare carts and put it into our storage area. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to help look for him. I'll be taking down the "missing" posters that I put up around town over the next couple of days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Glad everything worked out in the end! Out of curiosity, what is considered to be the best Intellivoice game? And have any modern homebrews made better use of sampling to produce, er, more intelligible speech?

My son and I liked Bomb Squad the best although I should probably give Space Spartans another shot at some point. I also need to hook up the ECS and play World Series MLB. I haven't done that in over 20 years. I have a couple of homebrews that use the Intellivoice that I haven't played yet.

• Like 2

I don't know about homebrews as I don't own any.  But as far as the original Intv games with voice support .. Bomb Squad offers the best use of voice.  Without it, there is no playing the game at all.

Plus they did a nice job.  Space Spartans is a close second 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cvga said:

I'm happy to report that the original Intellivoice has been found alive and well! Evidently I had inadvertently set him in a box with a bunch of spare carts and put it into our storage area. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to help look for him. I'll be taking down the "missing" posters that I put up around town over the next couple of days.

Looking for any random video game item does a couple of great things for me: I usually DO find it somewhere in my massive amount of video game stuff from A-Z and system to system.?

It helps me keep everything more organized so I hopefully never have to move everything to find an item again. Its fun,but pretty exhausting!?

Lastly,I always come across some other cool video games items I should use more,and other great items I forgot about completely. 

That's the best thing of looking for a misplaced item,is finding and replaying old games and systems.

So,yes I try to keep everything very organized,and it looks way better that way too!?

And I am glad you found your intellivoice,and probably some other fun stuff while you were looking for it.?

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

I don't know about homebrews as I don't own any.  But as far as the original Intv games with voice support .. Bomb Squad offers the best use of voice.  Without it, there is no playing the game at all.

Bomb Squad is in my Top Ten of the original 125, definitely one of my favorites.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Glad everything worked out in the end! Out of curiosity, what is considered to be the best Intellivoice game? And have any modern homebrews made better use of sampling to produce, er, more intelligible speech?

B-17 Bomber by a landslide.  But Bomb Squad and Space Spartans are good games as well. 

• Like 1