IGNORED

ColecoVision for the Master System

1 hour ago, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

Hello to all. I was just wondering if it would be possible to put ColecoVision games on the Sega Master System (Or mostly SG-1000). This is my first topic started. You can read this topic here: https://www.smspower.org/forums/1433-ColecoGamesOnASMS

The master system can already play sg1000 games. All you need is an evercart to do so. It won't fit the original sg1000 carts but the roms will work on a stock master system. I have an evercart and run sg1000 roms on it with my master system.

As coleco it's very possible to rework a coleco game to work on the master system as again it supports the sound & graphic chip and PKK has already released a few coleco games as master system game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, digress said:

The master system can already play sg1000 games. All you need is an evercart to do so. It won't fit the original sg1000 carts but the roms will work on a stock master system. I have an evercart and run sg1000 roms on it with my master system.

As coleco it's very possible to rework a coleco game to work on the master system as again it supports the sound & graphic chip and PKK has already released a few coleco games as master system game.

Really? I'm gonna go check. I also know that the Mark III and the Japanese Master System can play SG-1000 games.

4 hours ago, digress said:

https://www.smspower.org/forums/9867-SG1000ToColecoVisionPorts#109796

A user has converted Gyruss to the SG-1000.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 10:39 PM, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

Really? I'm gonna go check. I also know that the Mark III and the Japanese Master System can play SG-1000 games.

I haven't released them on cartridge yet. But my libcv / libcvu library is designed to make it easy to target both the ColecoVision, SG1000 and SMS/MarkIII in a game. ColecoVision vs. the others are compiled from the same source, with different #ifdefed codepaths. in just a few places. SG1000 vs SMS/MarkIII can even be changed at runtime (one can e.g. detect the system on which the game is running, and use the additional graphics capabilities of the SMS/Mark III, if available).

I did this for some of my ColecoVision games, and submitted some of them to coding competitions at smspower.org.

• 8 months later...
48 minutes ago, tygerbug said:

https://www.spriters-resource.com/master_system/drhellobootleg/sheet/112336/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ut16JNQNv0

Saw this elsewhere - An unlicensed 1991 Korean Dr. Mario knockoff called "Dr. Hello," originally for MSX and ported to the Sega Master System in SG-1000 mode.

Could presumably be ported to Colecovision.

Seems like a good idea.

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2021 at 9:01 PM, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

Reverting back to this, it's already possible for CV games to be converted to SG / SMS. I've been converting a lot of games lately.

Good evening Wonder Taylor, are you ok?

Congratulations for conversions!!!

You are a genius!!!

It´s possible Bump´n´Jump, Arknoid, Ms. Pac Man and Burgertime Colecovision corversion to SG1000 for SMS?

Have a nice day!!! Gratitude! 

17 minutes ago, Blank said:

Good evening Wonder Taylor, are you ok?

Congratulations for conversions!!!

You are a genius!!!

It´s possible Bump´n´Jump, Arknoid, Ms. Pac Man and Burgertime Colecovision corversion to SG1000 for SMS?

Have a nice day!!! Gratitude! 

Morning. I'm doing fine. Thanks for the congratulation. Games that are above the 16 KB file size might need more to the conversion. I might see about some of these games. You have a nice day too.

22 hours ago, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

Morning. I'm doing fine. Thanks for the congratulation. Games that are above the 16 KB file size might need more to the conversion. I might see about some of these games. You have a nice day too.

I would love to see some guide on a proper way to convert MSX/SMS/SG1000 and the like to Coleco.
For my own curiosity I have been disassembling MSX games just to see how far I could take it.
I understand the header and where the game starts but the last one I did it disassembled about 100 lines then the rest was data.
Is this some type of copy protection?  Is there more than one area to disassemble?

I picked on some of this knowledge from the MSX resource webpage but some of these tricks of the trade need to be passed on from word of mouth.

There are a host of games I would love to transfer.  Most of all driving to use with the Coleco Steering wheel.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

On 7/31/2022 at 3:17 PM, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

Wow, my favorite video game is the Mattel Intellivision that I got in 1983 here in Brazil,
but I found the same games on MSX and Colecovision that I played on my intellivision, 
and loaded it on my everdrive for Master System 1 from 1989, which I own . 
I loved your work, the conversions Msx2sg and Coleco2sg i'm testing on the Chinese Master System Everdrive. 
If you want me to test the roms on it, just tell me that I test. God bless you, my family and I thank you for everything!

Peace and harmony in your live!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 3:17 PM, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

.. I might see about some of these games. You have a nice day too.

This games above, wonder Taylor, it´s possible convert to SG1000 or SMS?

MSX 1: Moon Patrol, Elevator Action, 1942, Arknoid 1 and Ms. Pacman?

Coleco: Moon Patrol, Bump n Jump, Jungle Hunt and Mouse Trap?

Gratitude!!!