IGNORED

Dragon Fire for TRS-80 CoCo recreated on Nintendo Switch in Super Mario Maker 2

Downland1983

I created another course in Super Mario Maker 2 on Nintendo Switch based off of another game I loved on my TRS-80 Color Computer 2.  This time, I was inspired to recreate "Dragon Fire" published by Imagic.  It was ported to a number of systems, but the one I played it on was my TRS-80 Color Computer 2.  Having seen the other versions later, I still think this was the best looking of the bunch and am glad it was the one I had. 

In my course, you can do 3 runs across the drawbridge to get to the dragon's treasure vault.  Each drawbridge gets progressively more difficult based on the way the difficulty would ramp up after every 2 runs in the original game.  The first drawbridge, you only need to dodge fireballs.  At the second drawbridge you have to dodge the fireballs and also watchout for attack from the rampart above.  The third drawbridge opens and closes with both other threats present as well.  I mixed up the hazard order slightly on this, as the drawbridge should have open and closed on the second screen rather than adding the aerial danger first.  The treasure vaults consist of various coins and a key to escape protected by Bowser as the dragon.  The third treasure vault is the most difficult, as the treasures are all replaced by red coins.  This requires you to obtain all the treasure from this vault to create the key to escape and finish the level.  I'll post some screenshots later tonight. 

Edit:  Forgot to add the course ID for anyone who has a Switch and SMM2:  Course ID: 5CG-BTY-R1H

It's only been played by 2 people so far at a total of 9 attempts.  Neither finished it, so First Clear is still up for grabs. 

Edited by Downland1983